Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
mary-mccray
mary-mccray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Free eBook Weekend for "Why Photographers Commit Suicide"

Free eBook weekend on Smashwords!

February 1-3 (Friday through Saturday)

Steps:

1. Visit: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/247571
2. Add the book to your cart
3. Enter the code in the coupon code field: NA62N
4. Tell me all about it!

About the book:

Why Photographers Commit Suicide explores, in small narratives and lyrical poems, the American idea of Manifest Destiny, particularly as it relates to the next frontier—space exploration. Mary McCray examines the scientific, psychological and spiritual frontiers enmeshed in our very human longing for space, including our dream of a space station on Mars. These poems survey what we gain and what we lose as we progress towards tomorrow, and how we can begin to understand the universal melancholy we seem to cherish for what we leave behind, the lives we have already lived. McCray unearths our
feelings about what it means to move ahead and stake out new territory, and what it means to be home.
mary-mccray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manifest destiny, mars, space exploration