Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #2326
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbashuss95 View Post
What does userstore mean?
The term "userstore" means the drive letter that is added to your Windows PC (typically labelled "Kindle") when you plug your Kindle into a USB port on that PC. Or if you are running linux, it is a mounted drive that (typically) automounts and pops up a file browser window. From scripts running inside the Kindle, it appears as "/mnt/us" (or "/mnt/base-us"). It resides in the internal flash memory chip (one of the pre-defined flash partitions) inside your kindle device. If you do a factory restore (from the settings menu), it gets reformatted and reloaded with files (and "welcome" books) copied from elsewhere in the file system.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-09-2016 at 10:53 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:17 PM   #2327
abbashuss95
abbashuss95 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The term "userstore" means the drive letter that is added to your Windows PC (typically labelled "Kindle") when you plug your Kindle into a USB port on that PC. Or if you are running linux, it is a mounted drive that (typically) automounts and pops up a file browser window. From scripts running inside the Kindle, it appears as "/mnt/us" (or "/mnt/base-us"). It resides in the internal flash memory chip (one of the pre-defined flash partitions) inside your kindle device. If you do a factory restore (from the settings menu), it gets reformatted and reloaded with files (and "welcome" books) copied from elsewhere in the file system.

I put the files into the kindle or I need to create a new folder first.
because just I c the files inside the kindle.
abbashuss95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 PM   #2328
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbashuss95 View Post
I put the files into the kindle or I need to create a new folder first.
because just I c the files inside the kindle.
You follow the instructions provided with the jailbreak -- typically mentioned in the post where you download it, AND also found in a README file. But typically, most things (especially jailbreaks) get copied to the root of the shared "userstore" partition. If your kindle mounted as drive "D:", you would copy the jailbreak files to "D:\". And depending on the jailbreak, either "Update Your Kindle", or just restart (be sure to follow the instructions provided where you downloaded it, or in the README file inside the downloaded compressed file).

Old 05-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #2329
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The first post clearly states:

Quote:
Download the attached kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip file, and unpack it. In here, you'll find a few files.
Unzip the contents of the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive to the root directory of your Kindle.
Again, the instructions are in the first post. Have you read the fist post yet? Perhaps this would go faster if you read the first post.
This post is the 31st post in which we have tried to help you.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:46 PM   #2330
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The first post clearly states: [Yada yada yada]
Again, the instructions are in the first post. Have you read the fist post yet? Perhaps this would go faster if you read the first post.
This post is the 31st post in which we have tried to help you.

I think something was lost in translation; perhaps (more than) a few brain cells (in my head)?

TL;DR x31?

Maybe some of this?

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-09-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #2331
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
An interesting viewpoint.

But I felt at times before I finished it that imtmp was the co-author.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:36 AM   #2332
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Lightbulb Can´t install JB hotfix

Hello everyone!

@knc1 @NiJuLe @geekmaster @anyhelp

I have purchased a brand new PW3 3G+Wi-Fi, made JB with BD method seeing Jailbreak Succeed, immediately put it in airplane mode, and after that I can't install hotfix bridge 1.14 .bin file, and neither could run KUAL 2.6, please help me

What else should I do??
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #2333
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Are you sure you applied the correct jb?
The reference thread for yoir kindle is this
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #2334
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Are you sure you applied the correct jb?
The reference thread for yoir kindle is this
Yes, but kindle auto-deletes hotfix BIN file, here you can see this 2 images with the error:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_06_10T09_50_46-0600.png
Views:	185
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	149320  

Last edited by doctoralvarez; 06-10-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #2335
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur

How can I install the hot fix bridge update BIN ??
Old 06-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #2336
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
An interesting viewpoint.

But I felt at times before I finished it that imtmp was the co-author.
Any help to install hotfix update 1.14 BIN file on PW3 3G+Wifi 5.6.5 jailbreak succeed , so I can install bridge to keep surviving jailbreak if I update to 5.7.4.1 ??
Old 06-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #2337
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post
Any help to install hotfix update 1.14 BIN file on PW3 3G+Wifi 5.6.5 jailbreak succeed , so I can install bridge to keep surviving jailbreak if I update to 5.7.4.1 ??
Please have a bit of patience. Someone will be along shortly. Note: everyone here is a volunteer.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #2338
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post
What problem with putting the file on the visible root of USB storage and pressing UYK are you having?
Old 06-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #2339
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What problem with putting the file on the visible root of USB storage and pressing UYK are you having?
Hello knc1 I have already put the bin file in Kindle PW3 (usb in root folder), but when I eject from my Mac it appears the following error and I think kindle auto-deletes file and the UYK option appears in gray color.

Also I have copy hot fix to kindle root and didn't eject normally, I restart device and didn't get that message but the UYK option still appears in gray

Thanks in advance for all your help, here is the image:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_06_10T10_38_33-0600.png
Views:	198
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	149323  
Old 06-10-2016, 01:23 PM   #2340
knc1
Going Viral

The first six characters of your device's serial number please.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch