Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #31
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Ceridan

Try this.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
Ceridan
Ceridan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
It works! (Both the link and K3 translation.)

Thanks a lot!
Ceridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #33
sancher
sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sancher can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceridan View Post
Hi! I'm still looking for a Russian -> English (or Czech) dictionary which works on Kindle 3. But I can't download any files from www.the-ebook.org.

Please, if you had downloaded the RU-En dictionary from there, could you upload it somewhere? Thanks a lot!
Try it!

[ Links removed by moderator: Links to pirated material are forbidden on mobileread. ]

Last edited by ixtab; 02-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.
sancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #34
dansci
dansci began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

is there any free russian->english dictionary? Or can you suggest where I could find such a dictionary for Kindle Paperwhite? I can't find any working link on this forum in older posts.
dansci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #35
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
Here is the working link to Smirnitsky dictionary.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 AM   #36
dansci

Thanks, I just tried it with Троицкий вариант newspaper. It can show about 40 % of checked words. It may be because of inflection. But it is still better than nothing
Old 10-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #37
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Hmm, this dictionary contains about 120000 words, it's the one of the best dictionaries available. Did you use it as standalone dictionary or called it from a book? All the Russian dictionaries I see are case-sensitive (on my K4 at least), so they cannot translate the low-case words if they capitalized in the dictionary and vice versa.

Also you can use transliteration even without Russian keyboard: а -> a, б -> b, в -> v and so on. This way it's possible to type transliterated words in low case as transliterated words are included to dictionary in low case too.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #38
dansci

So maybe that was my bad luck. I use it from a book (pop up function). I tried to find words like e.g. манере or такие, I get "No Definition Found" so I checked directly in dictionary using transliteration: manere and takie. But these words aren't in the dictionary (I used Search function in dictionary file).
Old 10-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #39
dimasic
Enthusiast

Yes, it's the inflection: "манера" (subjective case) -> "манере" (some other cases), "такое" (singular) -> "такие" (plural). Almost all of nouns and pronouns in Russian change their ending in different situations: if it's singular or plural, and according to declension. So you should search words letter-by-letter, not the whole ones.

I doubt if there is some dictionary which contains all of inflections of words available for searching, but I'll look to dictionaries I have. Maybe there's more convenient dictionary for you.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #40
dansci

Thank you for helping me. Russian for me still looks like encrypted sentences, but I hope it will change soon. I'm from Poland so if only I will be familiar with Cyrillic, all those endings shouldn't be a big problem.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #41
dimasic
Enthusiast

I have some bad news for you. Kindle - not an ideal platform for dictionaries, alas. It demands that all of the forms of word to be defined in one dictionary entry. But there's no such dictionaries. E.g. ABBYY Lingvo (available for PC, iOS, Android; 20-languages version has Polish-Russian and Russian-Polish dictionaries, as I understood) dictionaries contain not the inflected forms, but some rules of words inflection and can search both "такой" and "такие". But the Kindle - cannot.

Tags
kindle dictionary