Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #28996
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sore from standing in the sun all day yesterday. I don't understand how I can run a ten mile race - and yet standing around makes me sore?!? Anyways, gotta brag on my 10 year old...

The below target is from his first ever shooting competition. Before this competition he had never even seen the gun he used. They gave him four practice shots, and then these 10. The 2 in the 9 ring were his first shots, and I guess all he needed for final dialing in!

Took first place! Won a tent.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #28997
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Sore from standing in the sun all day yesterday. I don't understand how I can run a ten mile race - and yet standing around makes me sore?!? Anyways, gotta brag on my 10 year old...

The below target is from his first ever shooting competition. Before this competition he had never even seen the gun he used. They gave him four practice shots, and then these 10. The 2 in the 9 ring were his first shots, and I guess all he needed for final dialing in!

Took first place! Won a tent.
That is great shooting, not just good shooting! To group so tightly is something every shooter tries for but few achieve it. He done gooood.... He must have had a pretty good teacher! Congrats all around!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #28998
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@Stitchawl: IME, Ventalin is the most annoying of the bronchodialators, and the most likely to give you that "wired" feeling. This one they've switched me to is definitely not as bad. If it does the job, great...

Peet's English Breakfast tea this morning.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #28999
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Halfway through the first mug of tea for the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #29000
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow.
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye
And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky.

Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5HCDGJsvM )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday! We get to start a whole new week. I guess we're pretty lucky about that. There are just too many who won't... Be it the 13 Israeli soldiers, 'Bret Maverick,' Elaine Stritch, Johnny Winter,... It's good to keep in mind the time we do have, and make it the best we can. 'Accentuate the positive' aren't just words in a song. They are guidelines for a good life. One positive in life is tea! Today it's good 'English Breakfast' tea from Taylors of Harrogate. Starting to run out of this, so I guess it's time to find a way to re-order. I'll do that right after breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
@Stitchawl: IME, Ventalin is the most annoying of the bronchodialators, and the most likely to give you that "wired" feeling. This one they've switched me to is definitely not as bad. If it does the job, great...
It really did. I couldn't stand it, and that was one of my 'motivators' for removing the need for it. And a good thing I did, too, or else I never would have been able to scuba dive. Don't let anyone tell you that Asthma can't be cured...

Stitchawl
Old 07-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #29001
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, mine is closer to COPD at this point, though we haven't changed our diagnosis yet. But it's definitely on the horizon.

That being said, I could probably still get my doc to sign off on diving. But it's not likely to be a significant concern, since I don't see the budget going to those kinds of vacations any more. And I don't do cold water diving.

Diet coke.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:20 AM   #29002
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, mine is closer to COPD at this point, though we haven't changed our diagnosis yet. But it's definitely on the horizon.
COPD is usually progressive... Perhaps it's time to stop it before it gets to that point.

Quote:
That being said, I could probably still get my doc to sign off on diving.
If there is still need even for the occasional bronchiodiolator, the danger of barotrauma exists. I wouldn't chance it. Breathing in isn't the problem. It's not being able to breath out when ascending that causes the problems.

Quote:
And I don't do cold water diving.
On this I am in full and hearty agreement. If the water temps require more than a shorty wetsuit, we don't dive it! When I see people suiting up for Arctic 'under-ice' dives, with two layers of longjohns under a heavy drysuit, I shake my head in wonder!

Stitchawl
Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #29003
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That is great shooting, not just good shooting! To group so tightly is something every shooter tries for but few achieve it. He done gooood.... He must have had a pretty good teacher! Congrats all around!

Stitchawl

Sadly I think FPS games probably have more to do with his skills then my teaching.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #29004
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Bombay Sapphire, on the rocks.

Stitchawl
Old 07-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #29005
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend coffee, with the last of my Anniversary Breakfast blend tea in the wings. (need to make a trip south to pick up more!)
Old 07-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #29006
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First mug of tea.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #29007
cromag

New day, new tea, same old mug. (And by "mug" I mean my tea container.)
Old 07-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #29008
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Oooh, what new tea are we trying, cromag?

Finishing up some Lion Mountain Keemun here, and off to the grocery.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #29009
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Guinness with my dinner ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #29010
Stitchawl
Opsimath

May the good Lord be with you
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud
Dignified and true
And do unto others
As you'd have done to you
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T9apksOv6k )

Good morning, everyone! Having spent time with my classmates from 50 years ago, I realized that so many of them got old, but many remained young. The difference, it would seem, is how they chose to view their lives. We've all been through a lot of ups and downs over the past 50 years. Some pay attention to the downs, others pay attention to the ups. "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood..." and THAT has made all the difference!

"Assam" tea this morning, from the good folks at the East India Company, and some interesting 'stuff' that I've never tried before from the Food Lady. I wonder what it is? It tastes pretty good!

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?