Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #46
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Interesting this particular thread has had over 1,000 views, hmmmm.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #47
ivan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Those of us that don't live in the US are watching the story unfold just in case it happens to us.

Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 06:39 AM   #48
Hopi
Edge User

the saga ends...

Hi everyone.

Happy new year. My eDGe is back minus the ugly line on the e-ink screen!

To put an end to this story (I hope), here's the last installment. I got my eDGe back today. Entourage sent it by Fedex. Similar to Alefor's experience, I got it two-and-a half weeks after posting it back to RMA (posted via Parcelforce on 14 Dec, received at the RMA facility on 17 Dec, delivered back to me on 31 Dec).

I did not get a new unit. I got the same unit back, repaired, albeit with tool marks on the cover (near both ends of the hinge on the e-ink side; so I know it was repaired--I'm not nitpicking, I just noticed the marks while I was reattaching the gelaskin, which covered them anyway.).

Like Alefor, I did not get an official heads up from Entourage that a parcel will be delivered (I also did not receive any details about the repair). The Fedex people just turned up at my door; good thing I was home. Although I was kinda hoping it will be delivered today because Monday (3 Jan) is a bank holiday and 4 January is the date when the new UK VAT law takes effect. Entourage emailed me before Christmas that they were trying their best to meet my request that the eDGe would be returned before 4 Jan. They did it! and I'm spared from finding out the effect of the new VAT law. For the record, I did not pay any charges this time (VAT, duties, shipping or handling).

A short reflection on my first ever experience with returning a defective product: Putting aside the mental anguish (felt like it at that time ) at parting with a month's food budget to pay for shipping the eDGe back to the US, on the whole, my experience was positive. The Entourage people responded to my queries within a reasonable period of time and had been very upfront with me about what they could and could not do for me--something that I really appreciated. I also appreciate the RMA people because I got a sense of being attended to personally in the way that they wrote their emails as opposed to being sent a message from a template. I am also cognizant of the fact that it's Christmas and people were working over the holidays. Though I hope I will never have to send the eDGe back for repair ever, my experience this time makes the prospect entirely not daunting. I just hope they will set up a repair center right here in UK .

Old 12-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #49
alefor
Edge User

Glad to hear it went well! My experience was similarly positive. But, let's hope we don't have to find out how it goes a second time! Happy 2011.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #50
Hopi
Edge User

Thanks to you, Alefor. I, at least, had an idea about what to expect. Yup, no repeat.
Happy new year to you.

Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #51
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopi View Post
Yup, no repeat.
Glad to know it ends very well for you alefor and Hopi. No repeat for the years to come: so happy new years to you all.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 AM   #52
alefor
Edge User

I am glad to know that my posts helped you understand the process. Happy 2011!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #53
Eddy R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Hopi and Alefor .......Many thanks for taking the time to post!