Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #1
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I can't believe you can't get Tolkien...

So, in anticipation of receiving my Reader in the next few days, I was compiling a list of books I want to put on it when I receive the device.

However, I'm shocked to not be able to get the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

*cries*

However, I can get Tess of the D'Urbervilles, so I'm a happy camper for a few days.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:24 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yes, as far as I know, there is no legal e-book available of any Tolkien work.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:51 AM   #3
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Right.

I've had an electronic version of the Tolkien books for a while now (Hobbit, LotR, Silmarillion, and a few minor non-Middle Earth stories). All non-legal (while the legal paper versions are on my shelves). The eBook versions are far more durable than the paper versions (I'm on my 3rd set of the LotR books).

I can't help but wonder if the publishing industry is using the pirate rate for books to see what books are truely best sellers since it seems that only the good ones are pirated.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:08 AM   #4
ChrisAllenFiz
Enthusiast
ChrisAllenFiz doesn't litterChrisAllenFiz doesn't litter

The term Pirating shouldn`t even be used in this context. Copying MP3s of songs you own on CD onto an Ipod is now not considered wrong by 99.9% of people and this is exactly the same thing. Pirating is downloading stuff you don`t own.

Recording TV programs to VCR used to be technically illegal too. Seems silly now doesn`t it?

Last edited by ChrisAllenFiz; 10-11-2006 at 06:10 AM.
ChrisAllenFiz is offline   Reply With Quote