Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 01:10 AM   #16
hapmas77
Connoisseur
hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, Kindle PW
@sakurasavior:
I do not have a mac. but I believe that you put the cbz files and comics.txt into a folder, then you zip the folder and rename it as .cbc.
I think you should not zip the folder, but zip the content of the folder. That way, your comics.txt will be at the top level.

Alvin

edir: oops, I did no read Itimpi's comment #12 above. basically it's the same thing.
hapmas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #17
sakurasavior
sakurasavior began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I gave you a link with several solutions, which one's did you try? I think it mentioned Keka, I know a couple of MAC owners who use it to produce 'regular' zips.

BR
@BetterRed, I have tried all of the suggestions on the thread that you provided. I tried doing it via command line, Keka, Yemuzip (as suggested by @PeterT), and BetterZip... All of which gave me the same error that there is no comics.txt file. I double checked and made sure each time that I when it was zipped, it was without the Mac stuff... But still the same error.
sakurasavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #18
sakurasavior
sakurasavior began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapmas77 View Post
@sakurasavior:
I do not have a mac. but I believe that you put the cbz files and comics.txt into a folder, then you zip the folder and rename it as .cbc.
I think you should not zip the folder, but zip the content of the folder. That way, your comics.txt will be at the top level.

Alvin

edir: oops, I did no read Itimpi's comment #12 above. basically it's the same thing.
Yup, that was it, you got it. I did not understand what Itimpi was saying, but your description is what made me understand the issue.

I was putting the files in a folder and then zipping it, when I needed to zip the files together without the folder. That step was not explicit in the directions, and I missed it.

Thank you everyone for your assistance and input. I greatly appreciate it.
sakurasavior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbc, cbr, not working