Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
Soud13
Soud13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
Arabic language

Hi all

I bought aura hd 6 months ago and what I want really from this E reader is to add Arabic full function to the software .

I know that I can add Arabic fonts but I want to read from right to left , take notes in Arabic , Arabic keyboard which isn't until now in this device .

I send many email to customer service about this matter and no replay !

I'm wondering why they take so long to add this language , Arabic is Arabic u can take the software from another device and copy paste to this device

Pls forgive me for my poor English language because it's my second language

Thanks again .
Soud13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you tried loading the book as a kepub? The kepub reader on the device handles Arabic, Japanese, Chinese and other non-LTR languages. I believe with the right fonts installed, it works well. To test this, you can simply sideload an epub and change the extension to ".kepub.epub". That is enough to trigger the use of the kepub reader. But, that will miss some functions such as remembering the position in the book correctly. I recommend using calibre and the KoboTouchExtended driver to sideload the books. This will add the extra code to them needed to work correctly.

There has been plenty of discussion on this here. A search should find it.

The interface is another matter. You need to keep pestering Kobo to add other languages.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert