Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Kasper Hviid
Zealot
Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Unhappy Accidently logged out of my Kobo account...

Due to stupidity, I accidently logged out of my Kobo account. When I logged back in, my reading stats were reset, my annotations deleted and all the books removed from the collections.

So ... do not log out of your account!
Kasper Hviid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
This is not normal behaviour.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
This is not normal behaviour.
Is this true for all books, not been following kobo much recently

After a log off/on the only info it used to keep was for kobo bought books, anything side loaded was lost

should stats now remain? even for side loaded, if so then I will move to using kobo reader for everything
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is totally normal. The logout from Kobo account deletes the sqlite database and all material download directly from the Kobo Store, whether it was done via a WiFi sync, or Kobo desktop.

You are cautioned before hand that changes since the last sync with Kobo will be lost.

Side loaded material is still on the device and will be readded when the Kobo account is signed back too (or a new and/or dummy account made).

If the collections had been made by calibre the next attachment to calibre will recreate the collections.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
Kasper Hviid
Zealot
Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for replies - yes, the sideloaded books are still there! It irritates me that all my annotations are gone, though. Calibre might still have some data, but unfortunately my laptop with calibre has died. But I do have a backup on a harddisk which is at another part of the country, so maybe some day ...
Kasper Hviid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert