Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be getting a Swine Flu shot?
Yes!! I'll get the shot ASAP! 20 21.51%
No!! I don't believe in flu shots 13 13.98%
No!! Don't get the shot!! "They're" putting something in it and its not safe! 2 2.15%
I'm not decided. 11 11.83%
I think this whole thing is overblown, and this is just another flu bug. 47 50.54%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #91
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
I cannot get one because I would at high risk of getting a seizure from them if I do.
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #92
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I think I may get one. My wife is a nurse so she is around sick people all day. With her and then my kids being in public school it is amazing that I havent caught the bubonic plague off of one of them.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #93
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I won't be getting the shot against swine flu, nor the annual flu one.

I just don't consider myself being in the risk group and can get over the flu myself.

Having said that: I would get the flu shot if I would be working in Health or in a Public place as the risk of exposure is higher.

From what I have seen, the swin flu is not as bad as getting the 'real' flu - people around me seem to get over it fairly easy. Who knows, maybe I even had the swine flu and thought it was a bad cold.

I am a bit suss about the swine flu vaccine - it was developped rather fast and I am not sure it was tested properly. Most likely, if the swine flu stays, it will be included in the flu vaccines recommended by the WHO in future.

As there were positive and negative media reports, everyone has to make up their own mind. Unfortunately, that also goes for the doctors - depending what your doc believes, he/she might recommend pro or con the vaccine.

And just for something different: we had a report in Australia, that pigs contracted the swine flu - how is that for unfair
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote