Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #136
TriniGirL
TriniGirL began at the beginning.

Device: Mobipocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you have Python installed from http://www.python.org? If you do and you are in the command prompt and you see mobidedrm2.py, then all you need do is type mobidedrm2.py to see the usage template.

Also, if you have extensions turnes off, it's possible that the filename you really have could be mobidedrm.py.txt. If that is the case, turn them on. Go to Windows Explorer and then Tools | Folder Options | View and then uncheck Hide Extensions for known filetypes and finally click apply to all folders. I am not sure if this options applies to the command prompt or not.
I did this the files are py files. Command Prompt still won't open mobidedrm2.py

Nothing seems to work.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #137
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniGirL View Post
I did this the files are py files. Command Prompt still won't open mobidedrm2.py
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Nothing will "open". You run the command and you will get a response right in the command line... for example... at your cmd prompt which should look something like this:

c:\YourFolderName>

Type

mobideddrm2.py

and press return

You will get a response. Paste that response here.

BOb
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #138
TriniGirL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Nothing will "open". You run the command and you will get a response right in the command line... for example... at your cmd prompt which should look something like this:

c:\YourFolderName>

Type

mobideddrm2.py

and press return

You will get a response. Paste that response here.

BOb
Ok Let me tell you from scratch

I put mobidedrm2.py in my Python26- (scripts) folder, i also put it into
(My Ebooks) folder

I click start- command prompt typed C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My eBooks>mobidedrm2.py
i hit enter and this line showed up
C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My ebooks>
everytime i type mobidedrm2.py it goes straight back to the line ending with My ebooks>
Old 12-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #139
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok Let me tell you from scratch

I put mobidedrm2.py in my Python26- (scripts) folder, i also put it into
(My Ebooks) folder

I click start- command prompt typed C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My eBooks>mobidedrm2.py
i hit enter and this line showed up
C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My ebooks>
everytime i type mobidedrm2.py it goes straight back to the line ending with My ebooks>
That is expected... after the command runs it will always bring you back to the command prompt.

But there is absolutely no text displayed between where you typed the command and the next command prompt? (Or a print screen of it?)

Can you past the contents of your command windows here?

BOb
Old 12-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #140
TriniGirL

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Denise>cd documetns
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\Denise>cd documents

C:\Users\Denise\Documents>cd my ebooks

C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My eBooks>mobidedrm2.py

C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My eBooks>
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #141
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My eBooks>mobidedrm2.py

Ok, that's just weird.

At that prompt try this command:

python mobidedrm2.py

and paste in the results.

BOb

(You did INSTALL python26 right? Not just create a python\tools\scripts folder?)
Old 12-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #142
TriniGirL

Quote:
Ok, that's just weird.

At that prompt try this command:

python mobidedrm2.py

and paste in the results.

BOb

(You did INSTALL python26 right? Not just create a python\tools\scripts folder?)
Ok here it is:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Denise>cd documents\my ebooks

C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My eBooks>python26 mobidedrm2.py
MobiDeDrm v0.02. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Removes protection from Mobipocket books
Usage:
mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID

Old 12-12-2008, 06:28 PM   #143
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
C:\Users\Denise\Documents\My eBooks>python26 mobidedrm2.py
MobiDeDrm v0.02. Copyright (c) 2008 The Dark Reverser
Removes protection from Mobipocket books
Usage:
mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID

Ok... there you go. Now it's working. For some reason the .py extension doesn't seemed to be registered on your PC.

So, now run this:

python26 mobidedrm2.py MyBook.prc Mybook_clean.prc PID

Replacing names accordingly. If your book name has spaces in it make sure to put them in quotes, like this:

python26 mobidedrm2.py "My Book.prc" "My book_clean.prc" PID

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 12-12-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #144
TriniGirL

Decrypting. Please wait... Done

OMG. It worked pilotbob i could kiss u. muah
Thank you very much.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #145
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you very much.

BOb
Old 12-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #146
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Decrypting. Please wait... Done

Thank you very much.
Ok... I can tell you how to associate .py to python to if you want... so you won't have to put python26 at the beginning of the line.

BOb
Old 12-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #147
TriniGirL

Ok bring it on
Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #148
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok bring it on
OK....

In Windows Explorer navigate to your eBook folder where you have the .py script. Double click on it.

You will get a dialog that says something like "Windows Can't Open This File". What do you want to do.

Choose "Select program from list" and click ok.

See if python is on the list... but it probably won't be. But if it is you can select it and click ok.

But it probably isn't. So, click the browse... button. Navigate to your python26 folder and select python.exe (the exe may be hidden on your machine.) Click open. CLick "Python File" in the description. Then make sure that the "Always use the select program to open this king of file" check box is checked. And press ok.

That should associate .py files with python. The file should now show as type "Python File" in explorer now.

I don't know why this didn't happen when you installed python... but it should of. You did download the windows installer and run it, right?

BOb
Old 12-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #149
TriniGirL

Quote:
OK....

In Windows Explorer navigate to your eBook folder where you have the .py script. Double click on it.

You will get a dialog that says something like "Windows Can't Open This File". What do you want to do.

Choose "Select program from list" and click ok.

See if python is on the list... but it probably won't be. But if it is you can select it and click ok.

But it probably isn't. So, click the browse... button. Navigate to your python26 folder and select python.exe (the exe may be hidden on your machine.) Click open. CLick "Python File" in the description. Then make sure that the "Always use the select program to open this king of file" check box is checked. And press ok.

That should associate .py files with python. The file should now show as type "Python File" in explorer now.

I don't know why this didn't happen when you installed python... but it should of. You did download the windows installer and run it, right?

BOb
I double clicked on the file and nothing happened, so i right click and is says
Type of file: PY File (py)
Opens with: pythonw26.exe
Old 12-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #150
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I double clicked on the file and nothing happened, so i right click and is says
Type of file: PY File (py)
Opens with: pythonw26.exe
I'm stumped. Sounds like there is an association. Try to repair you python install in the Add/Remove programs control panel. If that doesn't work I'm fresh out of ideas.

BOb
Closed Thread