Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
slvrsplsh
Enthusiast
slvrsplsh doesn't litterslvrsplsh doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Nook Color
Pesky system apps

is there someone who can tell me how to remove system apps to make room for new apps? I don't need some system apps as I have found better apps to do the job. I use Jorte so I don't need the calendar app, and bluetooth is an absolute waste of space on the PRS-T1. I could go one but you get the picture. Any Ideas? I am using Rupor's Absolute Minimal Root.
Thanks!
slvrsplsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
System apps are installed in system partition, all other apps are installed in data partition and every app you gonna install via market or manually will go to data partition (or sd card if enabled).

Hence, there's no benefit in deleting system apps... except if you wanna move some data apps to system partition afterwards...

All system apps reside in /system/apps. All you gotta do is remount rewritable and delete the apk and odex files you wanna uninstall.

You could also get Titanium Backup which will do that for you.

But be sure to read https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...d_apk_packages
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
slvrsplsh
Enthusiast
slvrsplsh doesn't litterslvrsplsh doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Nook Color
Thanks Uboot, I got Titanium Backup And took care of my problem. I also found that my rather extensive library was taking up space I needed. I moved that to my SD card and took care of that. Thanks again!
slvrsplsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
system apps