Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
CHM to Mobi problem

Hi there! I had started using calibre with my recently bought kindle 2 and I absolutely adore this program.

However, as a non-techy person, I had presently come across this problem and have no idea how to solve it:
I have a .CHM with more than one layer content management and folders. When I tried to convert to .Mobi it ends up converting only the table of contents and the folders but not the actual content itself.

So, Im ending up with only the content pages and links to non-existing pages as the book itself did not get converted into mobi.

Is there anyway to get about this?
Help is greatly apprecieated
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
JDifool
JDifool began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG
Yeah, help would be greatly appreciated concerning this issue...

I can't seem to find any option asking to recursively convert html files in the folder structure...

And I have a lot of chm books like this.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
jdif
JDifool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDifool View Post
Yeah, help would be greatly appreciated concerning this issue...

I can't seem to find any option asking to recursively convert html files in the folder structure...
Hopefully someone with knowledge will come by and assist. Holding out the possibility that this is something that can be corrected put in a bug report.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC the CHM input plugin doesn't support this. Personally, I have no interest in adding support as I don't use CHM files, but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote