Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Strange Request

Can any one who owns a HD do a favor for me? I need some screenshots on how to close tabs on the Silk browser.

My mother in law has a HD but I don't so I need to make her a visual guide as when I say click on the little X she doesn't understand what I mean.

Thanks for any help!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Can any one who owns a HD do a favor for me? I need some screenshots on how to close tabs on the Silk browser.

My mother in law has a HD but I don't so I need to make her a visual guide as when I say click on the little X she doesn't understand what I mean.

Thanks for any help!
Go to this blog posting Jessica linked to a few days ago: http://amazonsilk.wordpress.com/2013...as-a-new-look/

If you scroll down to the "Improved readability" section, there's a tab with an X on it.
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
Go to this blog posting Jessica linked to a few days ago: http://amazonsilk.wordpress.com/2013...as-a-new-look/

If you scroll down to the "Improved readability" section, there's a tab with an X on it.
Thanks but I need something with multiple tabs showing. She's not tech saavy at all. I'm hoping someone here will help me out.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Hi Blossom: This may be a little hard to see, but here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-21-11-15.png
Views:	312
Size:	720.0 KB
ID:	109654
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Hi Blossom: This may be a little hard to see, but here it is:

Attachment 109654
K to you!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

YW, Blossom!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
YW, Blossom!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words so let's hope she gets it. Right now she is getting the message she has too many tabs open and I think she afraid to close some so I explain to her about bookmarks. Amazon needs to make some simple how to videos. Not everyone is tech saavy like us and the manual isn't written for someone who is new to computers.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
NightBird
Wizard

Good idea. Did you check out YouTube?

Here's one:

Kindle Fire HD For Beginners

I didn't have time to watch it, but maybe it would help, or there may be others.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Nothing on the video shows tabs or how to close them.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote