Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Looking forward to hearing from new owners!

Mine isnt going to be with me until December by which time i'd like any 'glitches' all ironed out please
In the meantime i'd love to read some about how all you lucky new owners are getting on with the Cybook!
Thanks Harry already and it's really good to read that it compares favourably with the iRex ..
*waiting with baited breath*

Loopy!
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
My first impression is favorable. The screen has some reflections in certain angles but that might be how en E-ink device is. Playing around just an hour now the thing I miss most is folders so I can sort my books sensible. I also miss sorting by author name.

I like the lightness and thinnes. The button to change page is hard to press sometimes. The pdf files from feedbooks looks really nice and the page turn is fast for pdf.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Come on people, snap some pictures. You can never have too many pictures. Take some pictures in bad lighiting condition. Show us the menus. Show us side view. What is the smallest readable font size? how many lines per page do you get in that case.
Do kind of a visual review. Each new happy owner donate a picture . Help the undecided make the switch...
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
zandor
zandor is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook G3 (in order)

zandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Wow, Zandor, thanks. Way to go.
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Robert1325
Enthusiast
Robert1325 began at the beginning.

Device: Paper, Cybook g3

Last edited by Robert1325; 11-05-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Robert1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
These pictures are all so beautiful and are going to make the next month an eternity

Thank you!
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #8
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Great pics thx,
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
thanks for the pics!

wow! awesome pics and feedback so far .. thanks everyone! ..
like someone else said .. the month wait is going to feel like an eternity!!

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #10
azog
Enthusiast
azog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle
Mine is scheduled to be delivered November 7. Two days from now. Luckily for me, I'm in a training class this week, which will keep my mind off things, and prevent me from refreshing the FedEx status page every 30 seconds.
azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Looks nice. But, that packaging isn't very "green" is it. Seems like alot of wasted space in that box!
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #12
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I've got to admit that the matte finish is way better than the old one.
And the leather cover looks very good, much better than the prs one IMHO.

It's hard to refrain from buying it, these photos are teasing me
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #13
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The leather cover looks good but I will have to see how it works. The magnet seems to be not powerful enough. It works OK without the Cybook but when I put the Cybook in the cover it does not work so good. Maybe it will be better when the leather becomes softer or more used.

And with the cover it is hard to find a good position to use the buttons on the left side. When playing with the reader I noticed I used the back button a lot. But maybe when reading books that will not be the case.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #14
Dave Berk
Fanatic

Thanks Robert. The leather cover looks much better than the prs500 one. How is the readability in low light situation considering it's just 4 gray level and not 8 like prs505?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple dave View Post
Thanks Robert. The leather cover looks much better than the prs500 one. How is the readability in low light situation considering it's just 4 gray level and not 8 like prs505?
I am a bit surprised by this sort of question. There is no reason for the number of gray scale levels to influence the brightness of the display or readabilty. White is White no matter how many grays there are. Cybook has 16 levels of gray but achieve the rest by dithering which is done quite well from the test that have been posted. It might be worth reading how e-ink is accomplished on their web site if this is confusing.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote