Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.4.1 Released

0.4.1 is now available. See this for the full release announcement.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool got it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
0.4.1 is now available. See this for the full release announcement.
got it and using it,
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well done. Just downloaded and installed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
on Linux machines, the installer now places a shortcut to Sigil in the Applications->Office
menu instead of in a special "Sigil" folder under the Gnome root menu (issue #162)
Ah, that's why i didn't saw it.

And now using git
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Excellent; I'd gone back to 0.3.4, but I can upgrade again now.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi there.

I'm using ubuntu 11.4 64Bit.

I'm trying to build sigil. So far so good. But, when "make makeinstaller" gets this :
Could not find an install kit for your platform: 'Linux-x86_64'

As sigil needed installjammer, i installed it (version 1.2), and added a symlink. But it seams that will prevent install jammer fron finding it libraries. Any idea there ?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Scratchpad

Suddenly all images appear in the opf in Scratchpad.

Code:
id="image2.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
    <item href="Cimage/jpegA/Users/CHRIST~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Sigil/scratchpad/b24ccaf2-3c84-4085-b098-783e657fb956/OEBPS/Images/image3.jpg"
Nothing appears different from before.

The images folder seems normal.

What have I done???

The file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Havoc.epub (429.6 KB, 387 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Hi there.
I'm using ubuntu 11.4 64Bit.
I'm trying to build sigil. So far so good. But, when "make makeinstaller" gets this :
Could not find an install kit for your platform: 'Linux-x86_64'
As sigil needed installjammer, i installed it (version 1.2), and added a symlink. But it seams that will prevent install jammer fron finding it libraries. Any idea there ?
You don't need to syslink installjammer, you need it set in your path. For example:

Code:
$ export PATH=/usr/local/intalljammer/:$PATH
Old 08-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
You don't need to syslink installjammer, you need it set in your path. For example:

Code:
$ export PATH=/usr/local/intalljammer/:$PATH
(Tanks)
Old 08-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I will look into this when I get home in a few hours and put out a new version if necessary. I can't look at the EPUB right now. Does the OPF path have the scratch pad after savings within the EPUB or is it just showing in Sigil? Also did you do any splitting and does the file have spaces in any of the file names?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:

Code:
id="image2.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" />
    <item href="Cimage/jpegA/Users/CHRIST~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Sigil/scratchpad/b24ccaf2-3c84-4085-b098-783e657fb956/OEBPS/Images/image3.jpg"
Nothing appears different from before.

The images folder seems normal.

What have I done???

The file is attached.
Ok, I have an idea what's happening here. Should be able to fix it later tonight.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I will look into this when I get home in a few hours and put out a new version if necessary. I can't look at the EPUB right now. Does the OPF path have the scratch pad after savings within the EPUB or is it just showing in Sigil? Also did you do any splitting and does the file have spaces in any of the file names?
Load, save, F6, add semantics, make toc, edit toc, run Flight crew.
Single word book name.
I've edited opf and now works fine.

Be Careful. Your data structures are showing.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Load, save, F6, add semantics, make toc, edit toc, run Flight crew.
Single word book name.
I've edited opf and now works fine.

Be Careful. Your data structures are showing.
After repairing the ePub and posting, I went back to play with the new Sigil. I loaded the same HTML file and went through the same steps.

Voila, everything worked fine and I could not make it repeat the goof. You now have the only copy with SCRATCHPAD.

Only the Shadow knows.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Hm, Code View still seems a bit ambivalent about whether it wants to display emdashes with an mdash or with "&mdash;", which makes it a bit hard for me to use find/replace on them still. Troubling!
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
It's (yet another) path encoding issue (relating to the Windows drive colon this time), but only happens when Sigil has to reconstruct the opf. I've written a fix for it.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote