Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Looking for Agatha Christie Compilation

Is there any complete Agatha Christie compilation for the Kindle? Or at the very least, compilation of all Hercule Poirot's novels?

The only one that I could find is this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WOZ3RU but that one has missing diagrams and scanning errors as this review suggests http://www.amazon.com/review/R2F0O9J..._res_rtr_alt_1

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 01-28-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You will not find any legal compilation of Agatha Christie's works. You need to buy them all separately.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You will not find any legal compilation of Agatha Christie's works. You need to buy them all separately.
Why? There is a legal printed and ebook copy of Sherlock Holmes Compilation

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PT1PEY
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One difference is that Sherlock Holmes is out of copyright. Agatha Christie is not (other than the two earliest books, in the US only).

Last edited by HarryT; 01-28-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One difference is that Sherlock Holmes is out of copyright. Agatha Christie is not (other than the two earliest books, in the US only).
Another is that there are only 4 Holmes novels and 56 short stories in Canon. Ms. Christie wrote a lot more stories and novels. The size of the ebook file would be prohibitive I would imagine even if all of them were out of copyright.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
LMSherwin
LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LMSherwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
That's a shame they don't have a giant Christie omnibus. That'd be AWESOME. I would love to have that. :-) Maybe someday...Althought like crich70 said above, there are tons of them and it would probably be very expensive and the file would most likely be too large.
LMSherwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
The only one that I could find is this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WOZ3RU but that one has missing diagrams and scanning errors as this review suggests http://www.amazon.com/review/R2F0O9J..._res_rtr_alt_1
That's just her first two novels, which are public domain in the US.

She has eighty books published as Agatha Christie (& a few more under a pseudonym, IIRC).

Her books will be out of copyright in Canada in 2027, and in the EU and most of the rest of the world in 2047. In the US, at least one of her books won't be out of copyright until 2072.

There are about 80 published books, including short story collections. An Omnibus would be about 25MB or more.

You could, of course, but all her books and make your own omnibus. I prefer them as separate volumes.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
She has eighty books published as Agatha Christie (& a few more under a pseudonym, IIRC).
That's right. 66 novels and 12 short story collections as "Agatha Christie", and 6 romance novels as "Mary Westmacott".
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I seem to have 14 collections in my list, but that includes a couple from the 90s.

I noticed yesterday that the big three-volume collected stories sets (Poirot, Marple and Other) are available in the UK as EPUBs - from BoB, kobo and iBooks - but not for Kindle. I might have to contact HarperCollins and find out why.

I have been picking up my Agatha Christies as pbook "rentals" from charity shops because I wasn't happy to pay the ebook prices (roughly £400 for the whole set), but I was considering getting the short stories as an ebook so I can dip in and out more easily. I think the canonical collections are not really in a particularly good order for reading. There are a few stories in Poirot Investigates that take place before Murder on the Links, and are mentioned at the start of that book, for instance.

Obviously these bigger collections are quite expensive as ebooks, but they must be collecting around 4 smaller collections each so the price is not too bad even at charity shop rates.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I emailed HarperCollins, and they say they'll resubmit the books to the kindle store, and they should appear soon.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I seem to have 14 collections in my list, but that includes a couple from the 90s.
Yes, there have been numerous "repackaged" sets of short stories, but the 12 collections I referred to previously are how they were originally released by AC.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
DrNefario
Wizard

I understood that the two nineties books (Problem at Pollensa Bay and While the Light Lasts) were previously-uncollected odds and ends, but I haven't actually verified that.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
Is there any complete Agatha Christie compilation for the Kindle? Or at the very least, compilation of all Hercule Poirot's novels?

That is just a repackaging of the first two novels which we have here at MR for free.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #14
ebook.lover
ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
It's not really to my liking.
ebook.lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #15
DrNefario
Wizard

The three Collected Stories volumes have now reappeared on Amazon UK, as promised by HarperCollins customer services. The last one, the Poirot - the one I actually wanted - appeared just in time for me to buy it on Friday afternoon before I went to an internet free zone for the next 24 hours. (I felt obliged to buy it, having emailed them, although really I only initially wanted to grab the samples and take a look at the contents pages. The Poirot in particular seems to be excellent value, though.)