Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Does the iLiad internet connection work in Australia

Has anyone in Australia managed to get the iLiad to connect in Australia? Either wireless or wired connection.

Apart from that which is the better software for note conversion Myscript Notes or Myscript Studio?

Unfortunately I am using Vista (awaiting 7)

any clues no matter how basic would be appreciated

Cheers

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
It shouldn't matter where you are, the network connectivity is either standard ethernet (wired) or 802.11g (wireless). I assume that should work the same in Australia as anywhere else?

What kind of problem are you having?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
... What kind of problem are you having?
Sorry Shaggy I posted response to your question in wrong forum, going crazy as I get older

I use a laptop with Vista Home Premium, I utilise both a wireless connection on my home network, and have also connected at odd times via an Ethernet cable. This works fine for all my other bits and pieces.

However the iLiad just will not connect either through the ethernet cable connected directly to the router or through the laptop via an ethernet cable.

It will not connect wirelessly to anything.

I have double checked all the configuration settings on the laptop and on the iLiad and the network. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all associated software, all to no avail.

The main reason why I want to connect is to set the clock to the correct time. I can do everything else I need via normal USB connections to the Iliad. However I now need to undertake a series of documentary notes and annotations over an extended period and I need to have them dated correctly without having to manually erase the incorrect date each time and then type in the correct one.

Thus if I can fix the clock to the right time I will forget the internet connection.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Onemack, have you tried removing all the myiRex connection settings you've entered in your iLiad and then connecting it directly to your router with the ethernet cable?

Long press the connection button and it should connect and do a 'generic' firmware update (i.e. not using your myiRex account). This will fix the clock.

Network keys can be entered after you've started the connection process, if you're connecting to iDS wirelessly.

Select to connect to iDS (not Computer) if not already done - you'll see this option after you've started the connection.

I've had no difficulty doing firmware updates on several iLiads. I can connect my iLiad wirelessly and wired to iDS and to my computer (Win XP) for transferring files to/from my iLiad at home and at work.

Good luck! You'll get the Italian firmware update when you have a successful connection.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
Onemack
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Onemack, have you tried removing all the myiRex connection settings you've entered in your iLiad and then connecting it directly to your router with the ethernet cable?
Hi cbell, no I haven't tried that and I shall do so as soon as I get home this arvo.

Your other comment intrigued me! what is the Italian Firmware update that you mention? I managed to do an update early last year by downloading via a USB thumb drive and inserting that in the iLiad. I am currently running software version 2.12.
Advert
Old 10-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #6
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
The Italian firmware update is the last update we received for our iLiads.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31334

You can't do a firmware update on an iLiad using a USB thumb drive - you must connect to iDS.

You can only set your clock after you've connected to iDS once. I have firmware 2.12, build 21201.

If you can make it to the Melb meetup this weekend, Nigeldb should be able to assist you with your update. It's only a 6 hour drive...
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:50 AM   #7
Onemack
Groupie

[QUOTE=cbell;632095]You can't do a firmware update on an iLiad using a USB thumb drive - you must connect to iDS.

Thats odd I remember doing something early last year with a USB drive and my memory tells me it was succesful, whatever it was (old age catching up I suppose)

Anyway apart from that I got it to work, it took a few goes but it is now updated.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
Thats odd I remember doing something early last year with a USB drive and my memory tells me it was succesful, whatever it was (old age catching up I suppose)
Are you talking about doing a reflash from a CF card, maybe?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Onemack
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Are you talking about doing a reflash from a CF card, maybe?
I dont even know what a reflash is!! but that doesn't mean much as I am always doing something to see what happens and haven't seemed to have done any permanent damage so far.