Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Defective Kindle Question

I picked up a Kindle (NIB) on Craigslist for 275$ which I thought was a great deal. it had an minor flaw with the screen so I called Amazon and they are sending me a new one. At any rate, they are backordered until December 16th or so when I check my order. However, when I go to manage my kindle on their site it is listing me as having a second Kindle. Does this mean it has or will be shipping? I thought I heard they tie it into your account before they ship it out...
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
I picked up a Kindle (NIB) on Craigslist for 275$ which I thought was a great deal. it had an minor flaw with the screen so I called Amazon and they are sending me a new one. At any rate, they are backordered until December 16th or so when I check my order. However, when I go to manage my kindle on their site it is listing me as having a second Kindle. Does this mean it has or will be shipping? I thought I heard they tie it into your account before they ship it out...
They do tie it to your account before they ship it out. That is so that you can purchase books for it well before its arrival. I probably had 12 books loaded on my Kindle before it got to my house.

You will show two Kindles on your account until you return the defective one. Then they will take that Kindle off your account. But, this way, the book transfer should be pretty seamless.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert