Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
Kobo Touch : Need SD card image

Hello from France,
I accidentally destroyed the internal SD card.
Is it possible to get an image to fix it?
Thank you in advance.
Greetings.
(I use the Google translation)

Last edited by jvolbrecht; 04-23-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Nobody for helping me?
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, I can't help. I have a Glo image, but not one for a Touch. But...

You have your model as N905-KFN-B. Does that have "MODEL: N905B" on the end of it? If so, I thought the N905B had fixed memory rather than an internal SD card.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #4
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Here is a picture of the inside:
This is a KFN-N905C, and there is one μSD card with two Linux partitions and one fat 32.

Last edited by jvolbrecht; 05-04-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I thought the SD card version started with the N905C. But it means you are in luck. I have my mother-in-laws Touch here. It is also N905B. It has a broken screen but I have done a factory reset and taken an image of the card.

I'll upload it and send you a PM with the link. The zipped image is about 630MB, so it will take a while. If something happens that I can't upload it, I'll do it at work tomorrow when I'm about two metres from the server.
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Is it possible to see which model Touch you own without opening the device?
On the outside shows:
FCC ID: ZJLKOBON905
IC: 8912A-KOBON905
Model: N905

The serial number starts with: KG31C.

I'm certain that I have no C model based on the info given at the thread how to install firmware updates manually. As the file sizes of firmware updates matches those of the old version.
Does the IC number tell the model revision? IC: 8912A = model A?

Last edited by Anak; 04-25-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

All those numbers match my Touch. This is the original model that had fixed memory. The insides are just like the one shown in the video in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211554.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Here are my details on the bottom:

FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857A-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
Here are my details on the bottom:

IC: 8857A-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C
That is the later model that uses the same firmware as the Glo and Mini. I don't think the image I am uploading will be suitable for you.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks, this info should be added to the Direct Links to Kobo Touch Firmware thread.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Does anyone have an image of the internal μSD card for this model, please?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The Touch model numbers are there for the last two or three firmware versions.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #13
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
Does anyone have an image of the internal μSD card for this model, please?
Up
Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Grunge
Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Touch
Also need the SDCard Image

ID: 8857A-KBN905c

Screwed it up because I am stupid.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #15
Grunge
Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.Grunge can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Touch
okay, any help how i can restore my Kobo?

can i just extract the KoboRoot.tgz from a update like
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.5.0.zip
to the rootfs on the sdcard?

do i have to copy the recoveryfs to the rootfs?

please help me.
thanks
Closed Thread