Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
rulet
rulet began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Changing fonts for books in e-book viewer

How to change fonts for books when reading on a computer? I changed fonts here but seems like it gives no effect to the text.
rulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the book specifies its own fonts then that will have no effect. You can do a conversion to epub and use the filter style settings in Look & Feel to remove any fonts specified in the book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
rulet

Ok, thank's for the answer. I have another question -- how to change the distance between words(f.e. to reduce its)?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulet View Post
Ok, thank's for the answer. I have another question -- how to change the distance between words(f.e. to reduce its)?
That is caused by your device using full justification. Many people prefer this, personally I hate the large gaps so when I convert a book via calibre I make sure that Text Justification is set to Left align (see attached). This will ensure the spaces between the words have normal spaces but the right edge will be uneven.

Alternatively you may be able over-ride the justification within the settings of whatever reading app you use.

Or if your reading program supports soft-hyphens you can use the Hyphenate This! plugin to insert soft-hyphens in your book. This will cause the spaces between words to be normal and hyphenate words to fit at the margins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	textJustification.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	107583  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
rulet

Ok, I see, I thought it is a separate program, but it is a plugin for calibre...
But there is a problem -- seems like no hyphenation dictionaries for russian there, or it is not instalable in calibre.
By I tried that tool for Ukrainian and seems like it works.

Last edited by rulet; 07-03-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Advert