Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Menubar v Toolbar v Context menu behaviour

This relates to simple tools, i.e. those that have no drop down options or dynamic menus, such Donate or the Drop Search Results PI.

If I add such a tool to the main toolbar, I can click on it and the tool does its thing - open the calibre-ebook.com/donate page, or show the DSR drop target.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dsrtarget.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	156604

But when I put the same tools into the menu bar I get a one item menu, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	menubar.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	156605

Can the menubar feature be made to provide one click action on simple tools

Added : If a I put a Simple Tool into a Context menu, I don't get a one item flyout, i.e. it works with one click

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-09-2017 at 08:05 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
While that is probably do-able on windows, on other platforms, such as OS X and some linux desktop environments, the menubar is placed outside the application window and in these cases it is not do-able. I like to avoid having things work differently on different platforms, as much as possible.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 03:58 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
While that is probably do-able on windows, on other platforms, such as OS X and some linux desktop environments, the menubar is placed outside the application window and in these cases it is not do-able. I like to avoid having things work differently on different platforms, as much as possible.
Understood - I'll ask Dalton if he can implement a keyboard shortcut for DSR.

Bit surprised OSX users would be happy with one option menu items and having to click twice, but then again... 🤐

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote