Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Suggestions for managing library on more than one reader?

I just got a Kindle (today!) and am enjoying experimenting with it. But I feel like my library is a bit of a mess right now. There are some books which I am choosing not to load on the Kindle right now---back issues of magazines which I have not read yet from my Fictionwise subscription, some Star Trek novels I could finish so quickly that it's not worth converting them and moving them onto something else, some freebies from here or there etc. I plan to read these on the Sony, delete them as I go and when the Sony is empty, sell it.

So, I have about 700 books and some are on the Kindle, and some are on the Sony, some are on both and some are not on either (read them already). How do I keep track of what is where? It was easy when I just had the Sony because everything went on there.

For now I am flagging everything that went on the Kindle with three stars and leaving everything else alone. But I am wondering if I should go back to books I already read on the Sony, delete the LRF from Calibre and replace it with the mobi or what. I guess if I do want to load something on the Kindle later I can convert it then. But if I am getting rid of the Sony, I won't need the LRF.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote