Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
meandher57
Enthusiast
meandher57 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
The Neverending Story

Here's one my wife has encountered recently with a couple of books (from the same series) that were sideloaded into her wifi Kobo. A few times while reading, she has clicked on 'next page' only to be thrown back to a previously read section. Paging back to where she was... she gets tossed back again. She managed to finish the first book by reading it in ADE. The second one, I think she is using next chapter to move on. Anyone encountered this? I wonder if reconverting in Calibre might help... or it's just a matter of a corrupt epub file?
meandher57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo HD
I've seen this in books with a multi-level table of contents where chapters have subsections (i.e., utb:depth greater than 1). Kobo doesn't seem to handle these too well. You've discovered the only two workarounds I've found: read the book in ADE or Calibre, or use next chapter to navigate.
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert