Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #31
nprnncbl
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I don't think the forums would be a poorer place if signatures could be disabled althogether, or at least disallowed (meaning if someone uses one, an admin would request they remove it). They seem problematic.
I noticed your sig no longer says "Like Chubulor, only funnier." I'm guessing it's because he hit comedy gold, and no one, not even borisb, can hope to top it. At least not without being banned. ;-)

Old 01-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #32
borisb
Edge User

I don't consider getting banned as "funny".

Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #33
nprnncbl
Edge User

Certainly. I think a previous poster did a good job of explaining and defending Chubulor's witticism, and while I'm sorry to see him go, I also see how his comments could cause offense, and that Entourage might want to stop that. After all, we're here about the Edge, not for mockery.

I hope I haven't fanned the flames; I'll stop now.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #34
sammieb77
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammieb77 View Post

At this point, I would like to know if there is anyway to restore the pocket edge to the factory settings so my wife can start over. I'll be calling tech support tomorrow but hope someone has any other ideas.
Obviously My husband is the computer techie, he wrote the above comment for me. Lol

Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #35
borisb
Edge User

The official Support article for performing a factory reset is here.

I'm guessing you followed those steps. If the factory reset didn't actually work, it could be because you had moved your Library to the SD card. Moving it back to the eDGe (using the same steps you originally used, but specifying you're moving it to Internal Storage) first may allow the factory reset to proceed.

In any case, this is one of those times when Tech Support will give you the definitive answer when we in the forums are struggling

Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #36
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
One thing you might want watch is your app space, if you do not leave enough free space your apps will force close and your edge will run slowly.
I had the same problem with EA as Sammie (no problem with any other apps), and I have more than enough free app space. But wait. What's "enough" by your definition, Cheyenne?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #37
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
......it could be because you had moved your Library to the SD card. Moving it back to the eDGe ......
I thought that this cannot be done. It's not reversible I read somehere.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #38
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
I thought that this cannot be done. It's not reversible I read somehere.
When this feature was initially added, we were cautioned that it was not reversible, per the release notes.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #39
borisb
Edge User

I've never moved the Library to an SD card, but I always assumed it's reversible because the popup you get when you select "Data storage device" has two options: "Internal Storage" and "SD Card".

Could someone who has moved the Library to the SD card (kenjennings, or even sammieb77) check this and see if you get a different poup now, and/or "Internal Storage" is disabled as an option?

We recently uncovered one KB that had an apparent error (saying the PE only supported SD cards up to 2 GB), and enTourage tends to make changes in updates without always publishing them in the release notes, so it could be since the feature was released last summer that some changes were made (or the original release notes less than accurate)...

Old 01-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #40
NiaTrue
Edge User

I didn't move my library to an SD card because I thought it wasn't reversible. If it is, I"d like to know--and promptly move my library to an SD card.

Also, an old thread, Moving the library (and all other content) to the SD Card, might shed some light.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #41
NiaTrue
Edge User

Wow! I missed those posts earlier. Just when Chubulor was starting to be nice (or at least not mean) to me, he gets banned. Too bad. I liked the new Chubulor.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #42
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
I didn't move my library to an SD card because I thought it wasn't reversible. If it is, I"d like to know--and promptly move my library to an SD card.

Also, an old thread, Moving the library (and all other content) to the SD Card, might shed some light.
Yeah, that does seem to strongly and repeatedly indicate it's one-way. Usually users will add too much stuff to the Library given the extra SD capacity to be able to squeeze it back into the 3 Gb space internally.

But, this begs the question: what does a user like sammieb77 do when the eDGe has to be factory reset (i.e., a full wipe which means a new empty library in Internal Storage) when they had their library on an SD card? How are they access their original Library on the SD card? My guess: go through the same procedure with another empty SD card; then, when you switch SD cards, your old Library will magically appear.

In any case, sammieb77, you can probably ignore my wild goose chase of a suggestion to try to move your Library back to Internal Storage. Tech Support appears to remain your last, best hope.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #43
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
But, this begs the question: what does a user like sammieb77 do when the eDGe has too be factory reset (i.e., a full wipe which means a new empty library in Internal Storage) when they had their library on an SD card?
I keep all of my books on my desktop as a backup and recently deleted some from my eDGe by accident. To replace them, I copied the books from my desktop to a USB, which I used to reinstall the books on the eDGe. Worked like a charm--with the added benefit of the book covers showing up courtesy of the last update.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #44
sjarrel
Edge User

Date Storage Device only says SDcard (grayed). No options.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #45
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
Date Storage Device only says SDcard (grayed). No options.
Thanks, sjarrel, for confirming.