Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
quiltingfox
quiltingfox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
New Member and owner of Sony PRS 505

Hi All,

I'm a new member and an owner of a Sony PRS 505 so bear with me for all of this is new to me.

I live in Madison Wisconsin, USA and enjoy reading and quilting. Reading eBooks is a whole new experience to me.

quiltingfox
quiltingfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
sdmama
Enthusiast
sdmama doesn't littersdmama doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505 and 700 and Kindle 2
Welcome quiltingfox. Don't be surprised if you discover that hanging around these forums seriously interferes with your reading and quilting time. This place is addictive.

You'll find lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here ready to help you out with any questions you have. You'll also find lots of free books to start you out.

Enjoy your new reader.
sdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi quiltingfox and welcome to MobileRead. You will gets lots of friendly advice here.

I've had a 505 for over a year now and like it a lot.

BTW, lots of lending libraries now lend out eBooks. Check out our WIKI at the top of the page for a list of participating libraries here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hi quiltingfox and welcome to Mobileread Hope you enjoy your new toy
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
welcome to MobileRead, quiltingfox.

Lots of great books here to download.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, quiltingfox. I have the 505 and love it.

Have you looked at all the free ebooks right here on MR? They have been beautifully hand-formatted by the members here. I think they are better formatted than the ones offered for free by Sony.

Just look at the blue bar up on top and click the triangle next to ebooks. On the dropdown menu just click Sony BBeB (LRF) or EPUB (the Sony reads both) and have fun selecting as many as you want.

There is a Deals, Freebies, and Resources section where members list new finds and authors list their books. We have many authors on this site and most very generously offer their work for free to us.

Have fun reading all the threads in the forum and ask questions if you need help. Many of us have been the new one and the members are very helpful here.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Welcome to ebook reading. Hopefully you can quilt while you read your ebooks. You'll just have to push the next page button instead of holding the book.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Wow, 7 posts and nobody has asked you what color your Sony 505 is. What color is your Sony 505?

Welcome to the board! We are from Milwaukee but will soon be moving up nort der, hey!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Welcome to Mobile Read, quiltingfox!
You came to the right place for informations, and you will even meet a few quilting members too!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, quiltingfox! This is a great place to find answers to any questions you might have about your reader. Don't hesitate to ask!

By the way, we have a thread in the Lounge where many of use have shared some of our crafting projects another where we've shared pictures of our workspaces. As you can see, there are many talented people posting here! Feel free to post pictures of your quilts. We would love to see them.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 AM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! I *love* my 505- it's the best gift I was ever given (especially considering I didn't want one in the first place). I also love Madison. Two points for you!

Definitely check out the link given for library books-- almost all my books read on my 505 are library books. Or free classics or feedbooks or free from sony site. I love to read Welcome!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #12
quiltingfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi quiltingfox and welcome to MobileRead. You will gets lots of friendly advice here.

I've had a 505 for over a year now and like it a lot.

BTW, lots of lending libraries now lend out eBooks. Check out our WIKI at the top of the page for a list of participating libraries here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
How do you "lend" an ebook. I think the library here in Madison lets you read an ebook on line but not download it. (not sure if I have this right). - quiltingfox
Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
quiltingfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome to MR, quiltingfox. I have the 505 and love it.

Have you looked at all the free ebooks right here on MR? They have been beautifully hand-formatted by the members here. I think they are better formatted than the ones offered for free by Sony.

Just look at the blue bar up on top and click the triangle next to ebooks. On the dropdown menu just click Sony BBeB (LRF) or EPUB (the Sony reads both) and have fun selecting as many as you want.

There is a Deals, Freebies, and Resources section where members list new finds and authors list their books. We have many authors on this site and most very generously offer their work for free to us.

Have fun reading all the threads in the forum and ask questions if you need help. Many of us have been the new one and the members are very helpful here.
Yes, I've been poking my nose around and have downloaded a few LRF ebooks. This forum has been very helpful. I'll just have to find more time to read the forum posts. Thanks. - quiltingfox
Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #14
quiltingfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Wow, 7 posts and nobody has asked you what color your Sony 505 is. What color is your Sony 505?

Welcome to the board! We are from Milwaukee but will soon be moving up nort der, hey!
Silver with an opional black case. - quiltingfox
Old 06-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #15
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltingfox View Post
How do you "lend" an ebook. I think the library here in Madison lets you read an ebook on line but not download it. (not sure if I have this right). - quiltingfox
My lending libraries use a system called Overdrive, and use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for DRM'd library eBooks. Libraries have a limited number of eBook copies to lend out.

The eBooks can be downloaded to your PC then copied to your eBook reader. They usually expire in 3 weeks, but you can return it to the library earlier to free it up for another borrower.

A book that I want, but the maximum is already being lent out, can be put on hold and I will be notified when it is available.

Depending on your library, different formats can be downloaded. For my Sony PRS-505 and PRS-700 the formats are usually PDF or ePUB.

WetDogEared
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote