Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #1606
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
Now I know there is such thing as a ebook buying addict....it explains it all!
Thats why I can't stop browsing, selecting and make longer and longer lists
Welcome to the thread.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #1607
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I wasn't able to accomplish last year's reading challenge due to sudden business. Hopefully this year will be better
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #1608
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I wasn't able to accomplish last year's reading challenge due to sudden business. Hopefully this year will be better
What's your challenge this year? Mine is to buy no more than 120 ebooks.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #1609
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
my challenge every year is to read 100 books
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #1610
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, I was doing OK this last month or so, and then ran into Ross Thomas while looking for something else on Amazon. Sigh. There went my resistance. I had looked for his books several times over the last couple of years, and they weren't available as eBooks. But now they've all been issued as eBooks. Good for my reading. Bad for my habit.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #1611
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, I was doing OK this last month or so, and then ran into Ross Thomas while looking for something else on Amazon. Sigh. There went my resistance. I had looked for his books several times over the last couple of years, and they weren't available as eBooks. But now they've all been issued as eBooks. Good for my reading. Bad for my habit.
I felt the same way when I found Congo on Kindle finally, one of my favorite books ever. However, in the spirit of this thread, I have resisted it's $9.99 pricetag so far!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #1612
senjoli
senjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle PW, and HD8, Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glow
I have over 3000 in Calibre. I havw no idea how many I haven't read. I joined ebookfling last night. Maybe I can just borrow books instead of buying them. I've loaned more books in the past 24 hrs than I have in the past 3 years of having a nook.

I'll let everyone know if this helps me curb the addiction.
senjoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #1613
senjoli
senjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle PW, and HD8, Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glow
I think I need to update my profile too. I can never remember my password, but I've been subscribed to this post for at least a year. It's helped me only buy sale books and those by my fave authors. I just can't do the wish list thing. That's my goal for this year. Use the wish list.
senjoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #1614
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Welcome to the thread. I'm glad it has been of use.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #1615
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't bought a book since 12/30!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #1616
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Impressive!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #1617
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Well, I had to buy another book before February. I noticed that How Firm A Foundation by David Weber was finally available in the UK at a sensible price. And that Kobo still had a 40% off code, that expires 31st January.

So I bought it. £3.23, which I've added to my list as $4.99. Not too bad at all. It meets the criterion of being a favourite author in a series I'm reading and on special offer, usually being £5.39/$8.33

And I note that Kobo shows its list price as £6.58. Which would mean that Amazon and Kobo are offering it at an 18% discount normally, and that I got it at a 51% discount!

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-26-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #1618
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, I had to buy another book before February. I noticed that How Firm A Foundation by David Weber was finally available in the UK at a sensible price. And that Kobo still had a 40% off code, that expires 31st January.

So I bought it. £3.23, which I've added to my list as $4.99. Not too bad at all. It meets the criterion of being a favourite author in a series I'm reading and on special offer, usually being £5.39/$8.33

And I note that Kobo shows its list price as £6.58. Which would mean that Amazon and Kobo are offering it at an 18% discount normally, and that I got it at a 51% discount!

That is well worth breaking your vow.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #1619
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
not a single book even added to my wish list for this year. Now having said that I will find something I must have in a thread. But considering the following week will be resporting all ebooks after my computer ate a drive and I had to have the data recovered. So not looking forward to sorting the mess.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #1620
Quake1028
Guru

Well, I almost made it a month. Joe Hill's Horns was a Kindle Daily Deal on Saturday. $1.99, it was on my wishlist. I HAD to.