Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #61
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Sorry to hear about your computer woes, pisceschick. Hope you get everything back to working. So agree about the ADE (I'm still on 1.7 and have the program backed up several places).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #62
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Thank you! I am keeping backups of those programs for future troubles.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #63
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Woo hoo! I just found out I won a book giveaway from goodreads. The book is Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter. Can't wait

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #64
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Woo hoo! I just found out I won a book giveaway from goodreads. The book is Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter. Can't wait

Auntykatkat
Congrats! But wouldn't that be a...PAPER book??
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #65
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Congrats! But wouldn't that be a...PAPER book??
Do those things have buttons to turn the pages, or do you swipe to turn the pages? And how exactly do you 'bookmark' a page?

I've been on a buying spree in the last couple of days. I need to stop reading blog recommendations for the reduced books out there.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #66
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post

Auntykatkat
I really loved the first couple of Showalter's Alien Huntress books, but never really got into anything else she wrote. I keep meaning to go back and give her another try.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #67
Christyv
Enthusiast
Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: IPad 2, kindle keyboard
Anyone else having trouble getting danl website coming up?
Christyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #68
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyv View Post
Anyone else having trouble getting danl website coming up?
It's loading okay for me.

March's featured books are:

How to Handle a Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy

The Bride Insists by Jane Ashford

Kissing with Fangs by Ashlyn Chase

Sapphires are an Earl's Best Friend by Shana Galen

Bound to Be a Bride by Megan Mulry (novella)

Enchanting the Beast by Kathryne Kennedy
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #69
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Do those things have buttons to turn the pages, or do you swipe to turn the pages? And how exactly do you 'bookmark' a page?

I've been on a buying spree in the last couple of days. I need to stop reading blog recommendations for the reduced books out there.
I am reading one of those paper books now from the library. There's no glo light, no touch screen to turn pages, you have to use an actual book mark! It's terrible. I'm tempted to just get the ebook. It's not at all expensive. The borrow a paper book from the library experiment I was conducting seems to be a failure.

Last edited by PurpleStar; 03-03-2014 at 09:59 PM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #70
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
For anyone that is not currently exhausted from shopping with the kobo mega code, here a couple Hachette sales (Hachette are generally not couponable anywhere because they're only in the US and CDN stores). So far they've only dropped at Amazon.

How to Marry a Duke (How To #1) by Vicki Dreiling - $0.99

Quote:
Tristan, the Duke of Shelbourne is a man with a mission: find a wife he can tolerate as long as they both shall live. Love is not necessary--nor desired. But how to choose among a dizzying array of wealthy-yet-witless candidates? Hire London's infamously prim and proper matchmaker. Then pretend she's not the most captivating woman he's ever met...

Helping a devilish Duke create a contest to pick his perfect mate is the kind of challenge Tessa Mansfield relishes. Her methods may be scandalous, but she's determined to find the notorious bachelor more than a wife--she'll bring him true love. Yet when Tessa watches the women vie for the Duke's affections, she longs to win his heart herself. And after a stolen kiss confirms Tristan's desire, Tessa knows she has broken a matchmaker's number one rule: never fall in love with the groom.
Kiss of the Vampire (Warriors of the Rift #1) by Cynthia Garner - $1.99

Quote:
Once a generation, the rift between the paranormal world and the human world opens, allowing supernatural entities to cross. Vampire, demon, or shapeshifter, they can save the world-or send it spiraling into chaos.

Half-demon, half-human, Nix de la Fuente is accepted by neither and mistrusted by both. Determined to prove she's more human than not, she devotes herself to solving crimes between the world's mortals and its most unsavory undead. But her latest case brings her face to face with the one vampire she could never resist . . .

Called in to investigate a string of violent murders, special agent Tobias Caine isn't interested in rekindling his relationship with Nix. Yet one look and the vampire knows his need for her is as strong as ever. Once, their all-consuming passion nearly cost Nix her fragile hold on her humanity. Now, as their hunger for one another intensifies, exposing them to an unimaginable danger, it could cost them both their lives.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #71
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
For anyone that is not currently exhausted from shopping with the kobo mega code, here a couple Hachette sales (Hachette are generally not couponable anywhere because they're only in the US and CDN stores). So far they've only dropped at Amazon.

How to Marry a Duke (How To #1) by Vicki Dreiling - $0.99
I wish I could remember why, but this was one of the few books that I graded as a "D" (2). Luckily, I borrowed it from the library, but I would have been annoyed even at paying 99 cents!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #72
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I wish I could remember why, but this was one of the few books that I graded as a "D" (2). Luckily, I borrowed it from the library, but I would have been annoyed even at paying 99 cents!
I bought and read it the last time it was on sale. Was even looking forward to reading it but ended up rating it a solid "meh". Didn't pursue the rest of the series.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #73
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Really not a romance, more a mystery/police procedural with a romantic component, but since it often gets discussed in these threads...

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb has dropped to $2.99 at Amazon US.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #74
apesmom
Wizard

Freebie from Kensington

The Tycoon and the Texan by Phyliss Miranda
Kindle | Nook | Google

Quote:
With a name like Nick Dartmouth, and the fortune it comes with, it's hard not to have a reputation for getting everything you want. So when his former secretary steps onto his foundation's charity auction block, Nick has the perfect opportunity to woo the stunning beauty from Texas. But aggressive counterbids force him to make an extreme proposition. Except money itself doesn't guarantee a blissful ride off into the sunset, especially when being won goes against the willful nature of McCall Johnson. Intent on showing Nick they come from two very different--and incompatible--worlds, she's surprised by how well he can handle a horse. For a girl from Texas, that speaks volumes about a man's value. Maybe there's more to this playboy than she expected. . .

66,000 Words
Old 03-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #75
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Freebie from Kensington

The Tycoon and the Texan by Phyliss Miranda
Kindle | Nook | Google

I'm so jaded after that Kobo mega coupon, I can't even get myself to look at a 99 cent book!
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote