Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
ang7399
ang7399 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kindle, iPhone
Toxaris, I have no issue with sharing the epub with you, seeing as how it is already copywritten, and it is mostly family stories anyways. How do you want me to send it to you? PM?
ang7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #17
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
That's fine.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
ang7399

I sent you a PM, but not sure if it worked. let me know if you don't get it.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #19
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't got it yet...
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #20
ang7399

OK, here is where I am at as of today:

I took out all the spaces and any type of symbol in my file names (I had a few with parenthesis and an ampersand in it, so I removed those as well) just in case it would pose an issue. I am still getting 3 or 4 files that come up with the error messages for the file names. I am getting a ton of errors now tho, that I don't understand again. I am assuming it is because of my lack of knowledge in this area. It is telling me that certain attributes (like images and other coding) aren't allowed and that my "assertion failed: the "id" attribute does not have a unique value!" (in my opf file). It is also telling me that my container.xml file is missing. Nope, definitely there...

I realized earlier this week that when I was simply taking my folder and ziping it, that the standard file structure of zipping it puts the files in the wrong order for the epub readers, which is why nothing was working earlier. Now I am using that special epub zipping software that zips it and puts it in the right order. That was when I started getting all these weird errors, but at least it is 'acting' like a real epub and at least opening in Digital Editions and on the nook. Except now I am back to square one and not getting my images to show up.

I have tried opening it in Calibre and saving it as an epub, same problems that I was getting before though. Still no images in the reader and on the nook. But it always looks ok in Calibre. When I 'convert books' in calibre, and tell it to save as an epub I get 3 files: the epub, the cover and an opf file that doesn't look correct when I open it - it is missing all of its manifest and spine, and well, everything else.

I get it to work in Calibre, opens fine, 'reads' fine. everything shows up the way it is supposed to with the images. (I was so excited for a few minutes) Then when I open it in Digital Editions and on my Nook, the both display the same way - pics are not showing up, just the border that I put around it with my css, but instead of being the right size, it is way to wide, and goes off the "page". In Calibre it shows my table of contents, and looks 100% correct, but in both Digital editions and on my nook, the cover is not displayed, and the toc are missing.
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
Toxaris
Wizard

I sent you my mail-adres. I will report the changes necessary and if useful for the forum I will also post it here.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
ang7399

So I just wanna say Toxaris is amazing!!

Only question is some of my photos are not showing up on the nook, but they are in Adobe Digital Editions. Any insight?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #23
Toxaris
Wizard

Is there any structure? Like two photo's next to each other? Certain sizes?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #24
ang7399

All the pics are the same size, and some of the ones that are missing are with other photos, and some aren't. I made a few changes, and re-saved as epub. Then different photos are missing, and the ones that were missing before are now showing up?!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #25
Toxaris
Wizard

That is very irregular behavior. It almost seems that the nook is out of memory or something and therefore unable to display. If you sent it to me again, I can check on my reader for you.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #26
ang7399

Email sent... thanks again!