Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Audiobook - METAtropolis: Cascadia

A special audiobook edition of METAtropolis: Cascadia (regulary $14.95 Audible), by Jay Lake, Mary Robinette Kowal, Elizabeth Bear and Ken Scholes, is free from Audible.

Audible is also having a $7.95 sale for subscribers, with the theme of "Wishes Granted". There are 100 titles in the sale and thru 3PM, Jan 21, you can get one or all of them for $7.95 apiece (about half what they usually cost if you use credits).

Book Description
This provocative sequel to the Hugo and Audie Award nominated METAtropolis features interconnected stories by today's top writers of speculative fiction - performed by a galaxy of Star Trek stars.

As the mid-20th century approaches, the Pacific Northwest has been transformed - politically, economically, and ecologically - into the new reality of Cascadia. Conspiracies and secrets threaten the tenuous threads of society. The End of Days seems nearer than ever. And the legend of the mysterious Tygre Tygre looms large.

METAtropolis: Cascadia is the creation of Hugo and World Fantasy Award nominee Jay Lake; Mary Robinette Kowal, winner of the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer; New York Times best-selling author Tobias S. Buckell; Hugo Award winner Elizabeth Bear; Aurora Award winner Karl Schroeder; and critically acclaimed author Ken Scholes. The team of narrators is any Star Trek fan's dream: Rene Auberjonois ("Odo"); Kate Mulgrew ("Capt. Kathryn Janeway"); Wil Wheaton ("Wesley Crusher"); Gates McFadden ("Dr. Beverly Crusher"); Jonathan Frakes ("Cmdr. William Riker"); and LeVar Burton ("Geordi La Forge"). Jay Lake, who also served as Project Editor, introduces this stunning sequel, written and produced exclusively for digital audio.

Get the free audiobook from Audible.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
The original is also still coming up as free http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B006ICL346
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Audible is also having a $7.95 sale for subscribers, with the theme of "Wishes Granted". There are 100 titles in the sale and thru 3PM, Jan 21, you can get one or all of them for $7.95 apiece (about half what they usually cost if you use credits).
I bought books 2 and 3 of Hunger Games in the sale and used a credit from a free trial for book 1. The whole series for $16 is a great deal.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I bought books 2 and 3 of Hunger Games in the sale and used a credit from a free trial for book 1. The whole series for $16 is a great deal.
Very good deal. Those looking for hours/$$ might want to get Gone with the Wind, Washington: A Life, War and Peace or Atlas Shrugged. Reamde is another long one (and I may get it). American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition (A Full Cast Production) is also in the sale. One Second After may not be as long, but I thought it was an excellent book (unlike many of the more popular apocalyptic fiction bestsellers out there).

Looks like #2 and #3 of Kevin Hearne's The Iron Druid Chronicles are included - I have #1 as an ebook, so am tempted to complete the series as audio.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Very good deal. Those looking for hours/$$ might want to get Gone with the Wind, Washington: A Life, War and Peace or Atlas Shrugged. Reamde is another long one (and I may get it). American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition (A Full Cast Production) is also in the sale. One Second After may not be as long, but I thought it was an excellent book (unlike many of the more popular apocalyptic fiction bestsellers out there).
I picked up One Second After, so I'm happy to hear you recommend it. I thought long and hard about American Gods, but my husband doesn't like cast productions, so I grabbed Solaris for him instead.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert