Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #16
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Select all of the text in your sigil document and then choose the option under the paragraphs alignment that centers text. That should do it.
Crutledge said:
Quote:
I would like to center the poem on the page without losing the foemat. Nothing I have tried has nas workeed.
So, applying text-align: center as you suggest would make the poem losing its format.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Crutledge said:

So, applying text-align: center as you suggest would make the poem losing its format.
i think he want's it "centered" but with the left edge always in the same place

which to my mind is the same as deeply indented.

but that is never going to work well in an ebook world where the user can go from small to medium to large to xtra large fonts at press of a button
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 03:12 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
And since the solution suggested by RbnJrg will already work on two different "ecosystems" (iBooks and Kindle/KF8) I fail to see why he shouldn't post them here just because purists insist on Kindles not being "real" ePub2 readers.
I didn't mean it shouldn't be posted here, sorry if that's how it appeared. What I meant is that, according to the ePub spec, it may or may not work, and one should be aware of that when coding.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #19
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Or at least mention a warning when it is a known issue, as auto setting for margins is.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Or at least mention a warning when it is a known issue, as auto setting for margins is.
Yes, that is exactly what I did In my first post of this thread, where I wrote my solution I also wrote:

Quote:
...But since this technique makes use of the properties display: table and margin-left: auto, margin-right: auto, it doesn't work in ADE.
So, it was well clear that all that code worked for the .kf8 format.
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #21
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
I found the solution

I finally stumbled on to the centering and maintenance of poetry formatting.

The "centerbox" tag does the trick.

<div class="centerbox">
<div class="stanza">
<span class="i0">Mi memoria en ti se ocupa</span><br />
<span class="i0">No te olvida un solo instante,</span><br />
<span class="i0">Y mi mente delirante En ti piensa,</span><br />
<span class="i0">en ti piensa sin cesar.</span><br />
</div>
</div>
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't understand. How does naming the div class "centerbox" make it work? What you posted is no different than what you initially posted other than having a different class name for the outermost div.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't understand. How does naming the div class "centerbox" make it work? What you posted is no different than what you initially posted other than having a different class name for the outermost div.
Perhaps if we were privvy to the associated .css file it might help the understanding. At present we only have half the picture. At present I have no idea what "stanza" does or "i0". Actually the poem/stanza thing smells a lot like fb2.

This might be of help to Charlie :

http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/center.en.html

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Sorry, I got carried away.

From W3Schools

Code:
.centerbox{
width:50%;
padding:10px;
text-indent: 0;
text-align: justify;
font-size : 90%;
margin-left: 25%;
margin-right: 25%;
margin-bottom:1em;
}
Stanza holds the lines together.

Code:
.stanza {
text-indent:0;
}
It seems to work pretty well!!!
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #25
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Sorry, I got carried away.

From W3Schools

Code:
.centerbox{
width:50%;
padding:10px;
text-indent: 0;
text-align: justify;
font-size : 90%;
margin-left: 25%;
margin-right: 25%;
}
Stanza holds the lines together.

Code:
.stanza {
text-indent:0;
}
It seems to work pretty well!!!
Sorry but I'm afraid that is not a complete solution, at least for ADE. The code all it does is to display text with a left margin of 25% of the screen. It could work only if the length of the stanzas is near 50% (or higher). Otherwise, the stanzas won't be shown centered. See the screenshot of my ADE below.

EDIT: I added a border to the .centerbox style, so you can see better what I want to say; the "box" is centered but text inside, not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CenterPoem.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	111571   Click image for larger version

Name:	CenterPoem1.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	111572  

Last edited by RbnJrg; 09-19-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
It could work only if the length of the stanzas is near 50% (or higher). Otherwise, the stanzas won't be shown centered. See the screenshot of my ADE below
Only one of the stanzas need break the 50% mark. A likelihood which is made increasingly more probable when assuming the smaller screen-sizes that people are using for reading.

We've already determined that the perfectly centered block text (100% of the time for all font-sizes) is simply not possible with ADE (currently). All that is left is to forget it altogether, or to come up with a suitable compromise.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #27
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Only one of the stanzas need break the 50% mark.
Yes, right. With one stanza is enough.

Quote:
A likelihood which is made increasingly more probable when assuming the smaller screen-sizes that people are using for reading.

We've already determined that the perfectly centered block text (100% of the time for all font-sizes) is simply not possible with ADE (currently). All that is left is to forget it altogether, or to come up with a suitable compromise.
OK