Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Americanchild
Enthusiast
Americanchild doesn't litterAmericanchild doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Boxwave anti-glare screen protector

I have always used boxwave crystal screen protectors for my PDAs and love them, however the one I ordered for my Kindle makes the screen too shiny.

Has anyone tried the boxwave anti-glare screen protector on a Kindle? Does it change the screen at all?

Thanks in advance.
Americanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
as there is so little glare on the Kindle screen I've figured why mess with it?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
time4mercy
time4mercy doesn't littertime4mercy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
I have it. . . I think it looks great. Similar matte-ness to the actual screen. IMO, you can't tell it's there unless you look closely and see the edges of the protector.

Just be careful, slow and patient when you apply it (but you already know that ).
time4mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
CyberBiker
CyberBiker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I use the Boxwave screen protector to keep dirt & scratches off the screen, not to decrease glare. I have not been able to tell much difference in reading with or without the screen. Since it does what I want, keeps the screen from getting scratched or dirty, and doesn't really alter my ability to read the kindle, I like it.
CyberBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
Americanchild
Enthusiast
Americanchild doesn't litterAmericanchild doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks cyberbiker. I love boxwave, but the crystal just didn't work. I'm going to go ahead an order the antiglare.
Americanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
as there is so little glare on the Kindle screen I've figured why mess with it?
Yea, I thought about it at first, but its so negligible, its not worth it.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote