Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
StanByk
Connoisseur
StanByk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Page numbering

Hi everybody,

I have converted a couple of books (pdf, rtf) to epub. When I read them on my Sony 505 I see page numbers such as: 16, 16-17, 17, 17-18, etc.
Can I avoid this somehow? Also, for use on a Sony 505 to which format would you guys recommend to use (epub, lrf,...)?

Thank you
Robert
StanByk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Only by converting to LRF rather than ePub or maybe, by reading with a larger font size. (Simpler to just try & ignore it!)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You might be interested in this thread, which describes a way you can remove those, or alter them to your own mapping, though at a great cost. (The display at the bottom will not show any useful page information, and you won't be able to skip around in the book by inputting a page number.)

I think it would be great if calibre included a structure-detection algorithm in its conversion-to-epub process that allowed for automatic creation of a page-map.xml, which, in the extreme case, could be use to remove such "pages" altogether, but it's probably not a high priority, and officially, Adobe says we're not supposed to customize these (bad bad Adobe--you can do it but we can't? what happened to Open standard?), and doing so will make an epub fail an epubcheck.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote