Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
amyb
amyb doesn't litteramyb doesn't litter

Device: Sony Prs-t1
Problems downloading books to my Sony PRST-1

I've had my Sony for over 6 months and have never run into this problem. I download books and then click and drag over to my Reader for PC library. Normally, that book will appear as the most recent added. I did this to 4 different books and they didn't appear. I looked and it put one of the books in the middle, so I assumed that I must have already had that one on my reader, although I didn't get a file already loaded message. When I tried to click and drag over the next book, the first one disappeared and was replaced by the second book, then when I clicked and drug over the 3rd book, the second one disappeared! So, now I have 4 books that I've bought and downloaded to my laptop but cannot load them onto my reader. I had no trouble downloading them to my laptop and they all have different titles and I got no message that these files were already downloaded.
amyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Install Calibre , make life simpler !!!
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Vala
Enthusiast
Vala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1
I have only used Calibre to install the books on my PRS-T1. I am sorry I can't help with this. Maybe someone can come along soon that can.
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
amyb

How do I use Calibre to install books? I have that on my laptop so I could download from that.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Vala
Enthusiast
Vala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notesVala can name that song in three notes

I am fairly new with Calibre. But you import (button in Calibre) your books from your laptop into Calibre. Then you hook your Reader up to your computer and it will appear as "Device" on your menu bar in Calibre. Then you highlight the book. You hit the "Device" in Calibre and import the book to your device.

There is a great video tutorial in Calibre that shows you how to do it. I believe that is on the upper far right in Calibre, in the drop down menu.

I hope this is all right. I just kept watching the tutorial video until I got it. I am not real computer savvy. If I can do it anyone can. I have only had my T1 less than 60 days.
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
amyb

Thanks Vala !!! I finally got it to work using Calibre. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Vala
Enthusiast

Wow... I can't believe I helped! You are welcome. I am glad you got it!