Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
user38
Enthusiast
user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Duplicate Collections on PRST-1

Hi. I have a PRS-T1 and I manage my ebooks via Calibre. I use the Calibre tags to create collections on my PRS-T1. I only store books on the SD card as my collection is too large to fit on the internal memory.

The PRS-T1 is limited to 30 collections by default, but (due to the way I like to organise my library) I have over 300 unique Calibre tags and, when sideloading via Calibre, the Sony ereader has been happy enough to convert all of these tags into collections.

A few days ago, after uploading and deleting a few books, I notice that all of my collections had been duplicated, with he first duplicate collection empty.

Has anyone else had this problem? Resynching the reader hasn't helped. I can delete the empty collections manually, but it is a slow process.

Has anyone else had this problem?
user38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Here is a similar post.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
T Here is no such limitation on Collections I have 92 on my T1 to date, the number of collections is only limited by the available memory, I understand (from another post) that you can't have a collection spanning both internalmemory and sd card but I know of no other restriction
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
user38
Enthusiast
user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
Here is a similar post.
Thanks, I found the answer here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert22 View Post
You can also delete multiple collections at a time. From the home screen select Collections, then press the menu button and select Delete Collections. Check all the collections you want and press Done.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
user38
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
T Here is no such limitation on Collections I have 92 on my T1 to date, the number of collections is only limited by the available memory, I understand (from another post) that you can't have a collection spanning both internalmemory and sd card but I know of no other restriction
Yes, I meant when creating collections manually on the PRS-T1 you are limited to 30 collections. When transferring books via calibre the number of collections is not so limited. However, I have found that perfomance is affected when you have more than 7 or 8 pages of collections, so I assume the 30 collection limit is imposed to hide this crappy perfomance.
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Again [....there is NO such limitation.[.. all my collections were created on the T1, I manually I would suggest your problem is related to "syncing" it really beats me why anyone would use "sync" given the fact that the majority of the (none hardware) problems posted here can be traced back to "syncing" in one way or another but if you insist on "sync" then use calibre not the sony pos and RTFM over and over again !!!!!
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Your problem is not the number of collections but the 300+ tags that Calibre makes collections. That's the problem. Why do you need that many??? Makes no sense.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote