Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
Rickbrit
Rickbrit began at the beginning.

Device: Vobo Vox
Internet Radio

Sorry if this has been asked before. I want to listen to BBC radio using the web browser. Do I need a app or player to let me do this.
Rickbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Rickbrit
Rickbrit began at the beginning.

Device: Vobo Vox
Found the answer. TuneIn radio app. downloaded to Vox and it works.
Rickbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
plus you can record as you're listening!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickbrit View Post
+1

Also it has a sleep timer for listening to it well falling asleep and a lot of stations has album art of whatever song is playing. I'm very impressed with the app.
markT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
Thank you very much for posting this. Yesterday I was trying to get hold of an app for 96.3 the new classic music station in Toronto but the app was only available in the market.
Works great in TuneIn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickbrit View Post
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I just downloaded and installed TuneIn. It's great! I even found my favourite internet station, Soma FM Boot Liquor. Too bad the Vox speaker is such a tinny POS. I'll have to look around for a little speaker that plugs into the earphone jack.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I just downloaded and installed TuneIn. It's great! I even found my favourite internet station, Soma FM Boot Liquor. Too bad the Vox speaker is such a tinny POS. I'll have to look around for a little speaker that plugs into the earphone jack.
Just saw Tablet Speaker today in the Future Shop flyer. $50.

Last edited by wilbrich; 12-15-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Oops! Spelling mistake!
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
There are quite a few mini speakers out there for portable devices. I use the Grandmax Tweakers, but others are just as good.

Mini Speakers at Amazon.ca
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Thanks for the mini speaker links. I wouldn't want to spend more than $20 (The Source has some for that) and before I do, I have to find a tiny earphone jack stereo speaker I used to have and try it. However, I'm not expecting anything better than the Vox itself from un-powered speakers. I also have a couple of discarded sets of computer speakers kicking around. I'm using one set on a cheap little 13" flat screen TV I have and they make it sound 1000% better. Ideally, though, it would have to be something that more portable.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
oldyellr
Evangelist

Okay, looking at some of those mini speakers on the Amazon link, I see they use the USB port to supply 5v power. Will the Vox USB port do that?
Old 12-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Okay, looking at some of those mini speakers on the Amazon link, I see they use the USB port to supply 5v power. Will the Vox USB port do that?
Most of those speakers have built-in batteries. Just hook up the speakers to the Vox's headphone jack. The USB port is for recharging the speakers from either a computer or a wall charger.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I bought this as a gift for someone, but have not tried it myself. I thought it was nice that you could use it in landscape whilst charging the Vox and that it would hold it in a good position when watching videos.

It takes 4 double A batteries and cost $25.99 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...026305933cen02
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

I have RCA wireless headphones. I plug the vox into the base and the sound is that same quality as if I had the base plugged into my Harmon Kardon.
Handy for when someone is using the home theater system for gaming or TV and I want to listen to music in another room

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I bought this as a gift for someone, but have not tried it myself. I thought it was nice that you could use it in landscape whilst charging the Vox and that it would hold it in a good position when watching videos.

It takes 4 double A batteries and cost $25.99 at Best Buy.
That's very cool for the price!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #15
GJSmith
Connoisseur

96.3 FM app in getjar
http://www.getjar.com/mobile/284518/...d-Zoomer-Radio