Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
derfel_spain
derfel_spain began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have a question about my screen...please help!

Hi there! I have a question: I have changed my kindle because it does not turn on and I had to restart very often. The thing is, the one I received seems to have less contrast...the words are less crispy...I compared with others kindle and mine ( the one which does not work ) seems to have more contrast!! how is that possible?

Does the screen get better once you use the kindle for certain period of time? Because I compared it with two more kindles and the oldest one ( my kindle ) looks better...I do not know what to do! I already received two replacements ( the first one was a mess) and both of them have less contrast than mine! However, If I keep mine I have to restart it every single day!

I hate this LOL...Now I have 3 Kindle at home and I´m not happy with it!!

Any idea!??
derfel_spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
If you are having problems with the screen call CS and have them replace it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
enkov
Advanced Dunno
enkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7 + Paperwhite 2013
The e-Ink displays in Kindles differs up to 30-40% in contrast due to the technology limitations and other factors. I am speaking about the same type of display, not Pearl and VizPlex. If you keep unsatisfied - ask for a replacement again.
enkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Do you happen to use an Amazon hinged cover with your Kindle? There is a problem where some Kindles appear to have a restart problem when using the unlighted Amazon hinged cover I believe. If this is the case, please test your Kindle without a cover and see if you still get the restart problem.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
derfel_spain

No! I do not use that cover...it is just bad luck! My kindle, the one which is "broken" because I have to restart it very often, has the best resolution! I already got two replacements! And I feel embarrassed of asking a new one! LOL...but the ones they sent me are not nice! The resolution is way worse than the one I bought back in september!
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 03:15 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkov View Post
The e-Ink displays in Kindles differs up to 30-40% in contrast due to the technology limitations and other factors. I am speaking about the same type of display, not Pearl and VizPlex.
This is the first that I've heard of this. Do you have any references to back this up? I've owned numerous eInk devices and (other than differences in screen "generations") have noticed no differences whatsoever in contrast.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #7
derfel_spain

Yes...Never heard of it...but honestly, I have 4 kindles now at home...and every single screen is different!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
My original K2 had a fuzzier screen than it's replacement. I didn't take pictures but when I received the replacement I was pleasantly surprised that the screen was noticeably clearer. Not as good as the K3 pearl screen but it was as good as my original K1.

My first K2 was replaced due to the sun fading issue.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #9
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I had the same issue! My first k3 had a screen that separated from the bevel, so there was a gap there. So I got it replaced. My second was physically perfect, but it just did not look as good. Part of the screen was darker than the rest, like when you get a book wet and even after it dries, you can see the part that got wet is darker. The third one is okay, but it doesn't look quite as good as the first. The background is grayer. It kinda sucks but there's apparently quite a bit of variability with these screens. It's not something noticeable without side by side comparison. I decided to stick with the third.

You can call CS and just tell them the problem and see what they're willing to do for you.

Btw, have you tried to reset your first kindle to factory default and loading the latest firmware? Also, don't use any cover to rule out any such problem.

Last edited by Barty; 12-15-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote