Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
MacPol
MacPol began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prst-2
No acces SD card in prst-2, in prst-1 o.k.

Hello,
I use a 16gb class 6 card in my prst-2. I've only the option "send books to main memory". Option "memory card A" is gray. When using the same card in my prst-1 I'dont have that problem.
Please does anyone know how to solve this?
Thanks in advance.
MacPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
MacPol

No one how knows a answer? Or have any idea? Or is my question not clear??
Old 06-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Does the PRS T2 not see the card at all? If it does you may have to reformat the card through the reader. (Just make sure you copy whatever files are on it over to a computer so you can move it back to the sd card once it has been reformatted).
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:10 AM   #4
MacPol

The prs-t2 does see the card, the card is formatted in the reader. When I put the same card in my prs-t1 it will be recognized by Calibre.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPol View Post
The prs-t2 does see the card, the card is formatted in the reader. When I put the same card in my prs-t1 it will be recognized by Calibre.
How do you deduce that T2 'sees' the card? In the original post you claimed it did not.
Further, when inserted into T1 and calibre 'sees' the card does not necessary mean that also the T1 is aware of the card.

I suggest to take luvduchovny's advice and format the card inside T2. T1 and T2 differ internally which might account for the problem. Both keep their own bookkeeping on the card which might not be recognized between them. My advice: always use a freshly formatted and empty card so the devices can properly initialize it.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Are the cards by the same manufacturer, and of the same class?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
MacPol

I did format the card in the prs-t2, and also in the prs-t1. In the 1 the card will be found, in the 2 not. Not in Calibre, but still in the readers itself.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #8
neopap
neopap began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Cool Same problem: Calibre fails to read storage card

Same problem here: Windows recognizes the MicroSD card without problems, Sony PRS T2 recognizes the MicroSD without problems, Calibre does however only see main memory, NOT the MicroSD :-(

Any solutions?

Thx!
neopap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Follow the instructions in My device is not detected by calibre
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There was a fix in calibre 0.9.38 [05 Jul, 2013] that might have solved this issue;
Quote:
Bug Fixes

Fix detection of SD Card in some PRS-T2N devices
Closes tickets: 1197970
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
MacPol

Problem solved by the latest update from Calibre! Thnx 2u all