Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #24046
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Betty - Congratulations on your house and I hope your move is easy. Spending time with your handspinners guild relaxing will be a nice break in the middle of dealing with a move and having to sort through your mom's things.

VydorScope - What a lot of fun being in the video this year. What part do you have?

CRussel - Good luck on finding a job; I know something will come up soon.

Coffee in my cup and biscotti on my plate, while I wait for my mom to call. We are going to clean out the sun room and sort items to donate, keep, and sale.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #24047
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Ah, yes. I had a bit of Talisker myself last night. But this morning it's a pot of Keemun.

Sorry I've been mostly MIA lately, but this business of not having a job/gig is getting me down. Seems like the market for tech writers is not doing so well.
Good luck finding something. Can yo market your skills in a different market as well or are they very specific?

Working on pot two of Yellow Tea at work. Making up hours from Wednesday.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #24048
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Finished my coffee, and getting ready to go on a weekend retreat with my handspinners guild. I closed on my house yesterday and my stress level has dropped considerably, although as a new homeowner it probably should have jumped way up! Oh, well, all in good time. The past few months have been such a time of transition for me, though, that I'm just happy to have a long term plan. I'm not moving until the 30th (having the floors refinished and the walls painted), and meanwhile we will have the sad task of finally dealing with all of mom's things. Strangely enough, although it has been 4 months, my grief in the past couple of weeks has been worse than before. I guess the reality of the fact that we're all moving on without her...

But hey! New house!
congrats, Betty, on your new house. It must be exciting to build a new life.
Take care.

in my cup: cold coffee

(I've completed my typhoid-vaccine and am feeling good again, after a week of being miserable. I cannot understand why I had such a strong reaction, well..another 11 days before my trip. I discovered Rooibostea in a pyramid-sachet and it tastes alright, so I'll take that along, together with Nescafé and small waterkettle).
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #24049
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You can make your own tea bags and premade coffee bags with teas and coffee that you like.

I can't wait to see the travel log this time!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #24050
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
You'll have to elaborate on that one...

Just plain old filtered water in mine.
Australian Flat White

I actually use more milk...my husband calls what's in my cup 'coffee milk'.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #24051
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
You can make your own tea bags and premade coffee bags with teas and coffee that you like.

I can't wait to see the travel log this time!
Yes, I made my own last time, but I went to the teashop today and I found some pyramid bags Honey Rooibos from www.ceylonteabush.com and decided to try this.
I also bought tealiquor which tasted nice and soft, but somewhat weird of black tea.

I cannot wait to go and travel and am looking forward visiting all, but especially Samarkand, Kashgar, the Labrang monastery and Bejing.

in my cup: cold coffee.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #24052
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
VydorScope - What a lot of fun being in the video this year. What part do you have?
I have always been a disciple (Andrew, Thomas, etc, but never Judas! ), but the last couple of years I have moved off stage and run the HD video camera's. I like that role much better.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #24053
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sorry I've been mostly MIA lately, but this business of not having a job/gig is getting me down. Seems like the market for tech writers is not doing so well.
I do hope you'll find something soon. It is such a difficult time for lots of people these days.

in my cup: nothing, but waiting for my white wine/water. It is somewhat too early, being 21.18 hour.........
Old 03-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #24054
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Random cell phone photo in bad lighting form a bad angle this AM:

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #24055
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Random cell phone photo in bad lighting form a bad angle this AM:

Oh, that is so nice to see. Thank you.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #24056
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
are you still sick?
Finally, mostly recovered! At last .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #24057
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Good luck finding something. Can yo market your skills in a different market as well or are they very specific?

Working on pot two of Yellow Tea at work. Making up hours from Wednesday.
The real problem is that I am not a good marketer. So there isn't an easy way to move into a different "genre". The actual skills translate very easily, but I have no contacts outside of the computer industry, and limited ones outside of the narrow Microsoft infrastructure.

Drinking Diet Coke.

Last edited by CRussel; 03-17-2013 at 12:45 AM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #24058
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Talisker! Lots of Talisker!

[See here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...stcount=35823]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #24059
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

well you've just looped us here pooh
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #24060
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

Definitely a day that calls for Talisker. But right now I'm hoarding mine, since I know I can't replace it. I've got 8-10 partial bottles of various single malts, but only 4 that I really care about -- Talisker, Oban, Ardbeg, and my beloved Lagavulin. They are definitely being hoarded and savoured.

So, tonight, I took a chance, hoping the combination of NSAID plus gabapentin that they have me on for this pinched nerve, would be enough to hold off the red wine headache. It seems to have worked, I was able to have a nice glass of Seghesio Old Vine Zinfandel to go with the lamb shanks.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?