Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #31
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Use what works for you, right?

It may seem like alot of work (well, it is) but now it's almost nothing. Going forward, I'll probably forget all the details and have to learn them again!

You'll be as good as you need to be, to meet your goals.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #32
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Here are all ten Barsoom books in XHTML with the CSS developed via this thread. (The 11th book -- John Carter of Mars -- oughtn't count as a Barsoom book; written by someone else after ERB was dead.)

The CSS evolved slightly over the books -- if you're interested, you can compare. I think you can still use the Llana CSS for Princess, though. If anyone spots redundancies, or possible simplifications, I'd love to know.

The books have a bunch of nifty-keen metadata in the head, and a beginning attempt at making them feel like books, instead of long articles. You can hunt around for my xBook specification thread if it interests you.

I'm moving back to the States next week, so I thought I'd finish these. The last one, Llana of Gathol had a fairly complicated TOC that took the most time of everything. All in all, I think I spent about 5 or 6 hours to make the books. I highly recommend automating as much as you can when you hand-edit.

I'm actually prouder of the covers in one sense, as they're my first real effort at color covers, using found art and The Gimp. I made all the buttons, too.

m a r
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.png
Views:	333
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	33650  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Barsoom.zip (11.24 MB, 299 views)
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #33
rogue_ronin
Banned

Maybe I should post these to the ebook section?

Is XHTML okay over there?

m a r
Old 08-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #34
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
I'm sure it is, in the Other Books forum.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Maybe I should post these to the ebook section?

m a r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I'm sure it is, in the Other Books forum.
please do. yes, you can post xhtml. like jellby said, post them in the "other books" forum, and mention the format in the title of your thread. (take a look at some of the other threads to see the naming convention to follow).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #36
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Even better would be to use Calibre to create and ePUB from your XHTML. If you want to put them in other please zip them along with any images they reference.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #37
rogue_ronin
Banned

Already done, Dale.

Anyone wants ePub, it should be easy enough for them to do.

Thanks,

m a r

Tags
css, editing, xhtml