Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-12-2023, 11:25 PM   #1
rschmautz
rschmautz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Post "Send to Device" not showing up when Kindle is connected to Calibre

I am running Calibre on an older MacBook (software is Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6) that is not compatible with any newer update. I have an older Kindle Paperwhite, which I have had not issues connecting and transferring books to. I recently just purchased a new Kindle Paperwhite, and I am not able to send books to it, as the Calibre app is not detecting it. I am not tech savvy and don't know what to do. Can someone please help.

Also point out, due to the older MacBook, I cannot download the newest version of Calibre
Thank you!!!

Last edited by rschmautz; 12-12-2023 at 11:29 PM.
rschmautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You answered your own Question.
New device
Old application version (prior to device)

You should still be able to use Send To Disk, just without lots of the extra stuff Calibre could do. You now need to choose the format (AZW3 is better than Mobi)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:32 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
As theducks said, you need a newer version of Calibre. If that's not possible, use the Save to Disk feature to copy the books to another location on your computer (in the azw3 format) and from there copy them to the documents folder on your Kindle.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #4
rschmautz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
As theducks said, you need a newer version of Calibre. If that's not possible, use the Save to Disk feature to copy the books to another location on your computer (in the azw3 format) and from there copy them to the documents folder on your Kindle.
Thanks for your help! The Save to Disk feature worked - but now how do I get the book covers to show up on the Kindle?
Old 12-13-2023, 11:49 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Sorry, I don't know that. Perhaps someone wiser will advise you.

A thought: when you used the Save to Disk feature, did it save the covers separately from the book files? If so, try to use the "save in a single folder" option from the drop-down menu of "Save to Disk".

Last edited by Sirtel; 12-13-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 04:20 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You answered your own Question.
New device
Old application version (prior to device)

You should still be able to use Send To Disk, just without lots of the extra stuff Calibre could do. You now need to choose the format (AZW3 is better than Mobi)
I wonder if the same approach as davidfor used to create the KoboTouch348 plugin could be used to support newer Kindles on old versions of calibre?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 06:49 PM   #7
rschmautz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I wonder if the same approach as davidfor used to create the KoboTouch348 plugin could be used to support newer Kindles on old versions of calibre?
What approach is that?!
Old 12-13-2023, 07:01 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschmautz View Post
What approach is that?!
He added the IDs of newer Kobos to the Kobo driver of an older version of calibre. Are you using calibre 3.48?

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-13-2023 at 07:06 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:02 PM   #9
rschmautz

Oh ok. Ya, I wouldn’t have a clue on how to do that, or even know where to look!

Tags
calibre, kindle, kindle paper white, not connecting, send to device