Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question "Connect to folder" only sends one format to device

I use the "connect to folder" function to have Calibre recognize a folder as a device and copy books onto it. Some of my books are available in EPUB and PDF format. From those, Calibre only sends the PDF to the device even though all available formats are checked in the device config dialogue. Same with MOBI and EPUB.
How can I configure it to send all available formats (except AZW3) to the folder device?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Devices (this choice is treated as a device that can't be detected normally) all have a Priority (order of) of which format to send of Allowed (ticked). Folk normally do not use 2 formats of the exact same book on a single device.
I think you want to use "Export ebook files from Calibre Library"
(I believe this was formerly Copy to Disk)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've used "Send to disk" in the past, but the way the files are named is different from when files are send to devices. From the folder I want to copy the files to an SD card to use in my ereader, reserving the option to connect the ereader directly to Calibre and having files named the same way.
I guess I have to put EPUB to the top of the list then and save the PDFs in individual cases if I need them
Old 05-11-2021, 10:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click the send to device button and choose send specific format to
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:09 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I've used "Send to disk" in the past, but the way the files are named is different from when files are send to devices. From the folder I want to copy the files to an SD card to use in my ereader, reserving the option to connect the ereader directly to Calibre and having files named the same way.
I guess I have to put EPUB to the top of the list then and save the PDFs in individual cases if I need them
Each device instance has its own template. The first time you connect a new device, it copies the Default set in Preferences.

WHEN the device is connected
, you can modify that setting for that device. right click the device icon: Preferences.

Kovid's answer just reminded me the way to force additional formats by simply doing additional operations.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #6
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

I don't quite understand which device icon you mean. The one in the toolbar when the device is connected? Or is there one in the Calibre preferences? If I right-click on the device icon in the toolbar the same drop-down menu opens like from clicking the arrow next to it. There is no entry named "Preferences", just "Configure this device".
Old 05-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	143
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	187078  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I don't quite understand which device icon you mean. The one in the toolbar when the device is connected? Or is there one in the Calibre preferences? If I right-click on the device icon in the toolbar the same drop-down menu opens like from clicking the arrow next to it. There is no entry named "Preferences", just "Configure this device".
Configure: My bad

Tags
connect to folder, folder device