Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Lightbulb Battery test on iRex 800

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=76

Some report standby times of 2 weeks, last time I've only had 4 days. I'll run it down. No activity, just standby from fully charged (close) to zero.
It would be interesting of course to see your figures. (Even for other units than iRex 800. I'll do the same in some days with BeBook Neo.)

It's close to 24 hours now. I'm still above 90%. This would be absolutely okay, pointing towards 10 days.....
I'll keep tracking.....

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-13-2010 at 01:49 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
It's close to 24 hours now. I'm still above 90%. This would be absolutely okay, pointing towards 10 days.....
I'll keep tracking.....
Hopefully the 4 days was just an anomaly.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Afer 8 days I was down to 38%, but this was with much higher than normal reading time. I can see easily getting at least two weeks with my normal reading patterns. Not as good as my old 505, but still very, very acceptable for me.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
The Straven
Nevermore
The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: ex-iLiad, DR800SG
I checked yesterday at about 11:00 and it read 76%. At 02:00 this morning it was at 70%. A check just now (about 18:00) shows 66%.

I charged it on Tuesday and set it to airplane mode; all I've done is light reading of PDFs. I did notice that it does default to 3G mode after a reset.

addendum: as of 23:55 this Tuesday it's at 55%, so 45% used in a week.

Last edited by The Straven; 03-17-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Addendum
The Straven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Straven View Post
I checked yesterday at about 11:00 and it read 76%. At 02:00 this morning it was at 70%. A check just now (about 18:00) shows 66%.

I charged it on Tuesday and set it to airplane mode; all I've done is light reading of PDFs. I did notice that it does default to 3G mode after a reset.
Your figures are in line with the ones I get now in my test. Linear extrapolation of your figures leads to 10 to 12 days. In my poll, most users are somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks. iRex states close to 2 weeks.
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Hopefully the 4 days was just an anomaly.
I'm not sure what to wish for:
- 4 days again (or less, as I don't know when it was drained exactly) = at least it's consistent. Would be somewhat disappointing battery life, but one can prepare for such issues.
- Close to 2 weeks = what lots of users get and iRex expects. Way preferable to 4 days of course. But than I still don't have the slightest idea, what has happened (so I can't prepare against it and it can happen again anytime).

My guess: The test will lead to roundabout 10 days, which is okay. I'd be surprised if it suddenly will drop (although this very well may have happened the last time).
Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
We have identified a bug in the v1.0 firmware which could lead to a much lower than expected battery life.

When this bug is triggered, the system doesn't enter idle mode (which it normally does after 5 seconds of inactivity). In this case the device will also not automatically go to standby (off-state with white screen after 30 mins of inactivity).

mgmueller: have you opened any PDB documents on the device? These are known to trigger the bug.

We will fix this in the upcoming 2.0 firmware release.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you have identified the problem and there's a fix on the way.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
mgmueller: have you opened any PDB documents on the device? These are known to trigger the bug.
Yes, I only read B&N PDBs so far.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Thank you. I guess in the meantime a reboot after reading an eReader (pdb) file should do the trick. Probably wise to reboot before any expected long time of not using the device, too. Reboot, then Standby.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
We have identified a bug in the v1.0 firmware which could lead to a much lower than expected battery life.

When this bug is triggered, the system doesn't enter idle mode (which it normally does after 5 seconds of inactivity). In this case the device will also not automatically go to standby (off-state with white screen after 30 mins of inactivity).

Wow, nice and fast response from you guys. Thanks again.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote