Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #1
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Lightbulb Pocketbook 360 firmware on Opus

Since they seem to be essentially the same device under the hood would be interesting if somebody tried flashing Pocketbook 360's firmware on Opus. Not sure if the former device is even out though

Just trying to bring some fresh air to this subforum
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Since they are about the same hardware device why not just buy a Pocketbook 360° then?
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I guess it's a matter of taste. Opus looks a bit better to me.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yeap, i like the style of the opus

Anyway, what does the pocketbook firmware have the opus don't ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 09-15-2009 at 07:15 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Seventh Son
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
What does the pocketbook firmware have anyway the opus don't ?
Better interface. Additional applications and games. And so far I haven't seen reports of constant crashes.
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Better interface.
Better in what ? I haven't used it, but sound like just fancy icons.
For Gen 3, the almost inaccessible buttons makes it a mess. On the opus, it works fine.

Quote:
Additional applications and games.
e-ink's slow refersh make that almost useless. My DS or cell pone will do better.

Quote:
And so far I haven't seen reports of constant crashes.
My gen 3 hardly crash either. Wish i could say as much for my opus.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 09-15-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
Seventh Son
lurker

Quote:
Better in what ? I haven't used it, but sound like just fancy icons.
Dictionary and text search comes to my mind. Not really sure if Opus has those.

Quote:
For Gen 3, the almost inaccessible buttons makes it a mess. On the opus, it works fine.
My gen 3 hardly crash either. Wish i could say as much for my opus.
I am obviously comparing it to the Opus.

Quote:
e-ink's slow refersh make that almost useless. My DS or cell pone will do better.
Sudoku or similar games will work just fine.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Dictionary and text search comes to my mind. Not really sure if Opus has those.
I never used dictionary on the gen that had it. Text search, I'm not i would use it either.

Quote:
Sudoku or similar games will work just fine.
My ds will still do better

Quote:
I am obviously comparing it to the Opus.
Crashes can, and will, be fixed.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #9
Seventh Son
lurker

Cool

Quote:
I never used dictionary on the gen that had it. Text search, I'm not i would use it either.
To each his own I guess. I find dictionary to be extremely helpful on PRS-600.

Quote:
My ds will still do better .
not as good as my PSP
Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
not as good as my PSP
Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
I guess it's a matter of taste. Opus looks a bit better to me.
You sure, this...

looks better then this...

?!
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #12
Seventh Son
lurker

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
You sure, this... looks better then this...?!
Yes. Opus looks a lot cleaner and more professional.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
not as good as my PSP
But obviously, a lot better than mine - since the battery died, it just lost the predicate "portable".
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Agreed. What that with all the swirly bits on the other one?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
This is called "design", and it's just carved on the removable hard case top - one of the advantages of the Pocketbook 360°.

But indeed I would like to see a photo of the Opus' main menu to really compare both.

Quote:
Looks can be deceiving.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opus, pocketbook 360