Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #61
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
Um, AngryBirds is a slide show over here, not useable at all.
The new GL driver is only in the experimental firmware, not the stable one. But yes, it is possible that it is causing tearing and corruption.
If I recall correctly, you need OpenGL ES 2.0 in order to play it (We only have 1.1).
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #62
bangart
bangart began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBookIQ
Quote:
Um, AngryBirds is a slide show over here, not useable at all.
The new GL driver is only in the experimental firmware, not the stable one. But yes, it is possible that it is causing tearing and corruption.
hi .. i converted textures OGL2.0 to OGL1.1 ..

Angry Birds 1.4.2 - to be visible interface, labels and points in the game .. had to turn off the texture of the sky (background) and the ground below ..
probably the graphics libraries have some sort of restriction on the number of layers of graphics ..
and another problem - after each run needed pass the first level, otherwise points for piglets won't be visible..

Angry Birds Seasons - other structure inside .. managed to keep texture of the background and the ground .. but not visible minor points in the game for the broken items .. everything else is ok ..

sorry for my english .... google ..

Last edited by bangart; 01-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.
bangart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #63
RD996S
RD996S began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ, 603 & Bebook mini
Wow, I really don't know how to thank all you guys here.

I'm running the latest experimental version now, Angry Birds running fine too

The firmware does give me some problems now, so i'm going to try the other experimental and the stable one as well.
(Superuser is crashing, no Root access and now also com.google.process.gapps crashes, so downloads from Androidmarket won't start, it did work before though).

Thanks for all the work and info, can't wait to see more
RD996S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #64
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD996S View Post
(Superuser is crashing, no Root access
Yeah, it's crashing. But on the upside, you really don't need the SuperUser app. The firmware is rooted as s. You can check if root is working by running Titanium Backup for example.

Quote:
and now also com.google.process.gapps crashes, so downloads from Androidmarket won't start, it did work before though).

Thanks for all the work and info, can't wait to see more
I've seen that as well, no idea what's causing it. My advice is to use a2sd to install all apps on SD, then make regular backups of the a2sd partition (remember to keep the permissions and ownerships intact!) once you have a working system. If the system screws up after playing with it, just restore the backup.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #65
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Yeah, it's crashing. But on the upside, you really don't need the SuperUser app. The firmware is rooted as s. You can check if root is working by running Titanium Backup for example.
Yeah, my advice is to not even use/add SuperUser and Z4Root. When I did that, things got really unstable and I needed to reflash.

Coredump-EE: Using the latest experimental firmware, I am noticing that once in a while, the screen calibration is off ... and then corrected itself after a reboot.

Have you experienced that?

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #66
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Coredump-EE: Using the latest experimental firmware, I am noticing that once in a while, the screen calibration is off ... and then corrected itself after a reboot.

Have you experienced that?

Cheers
Never seen it, sorry.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #67
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Thanks for the repack, it works well on my IQ! Is there an easier way to get an Android ID? I can get the ID from another Android device (I own two with numbers) but how can you get it onto the IQ without installing that SDK (and the bajillion other download required to get it up and running)?
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #68
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Thanks for the repack, it works well on my IQ! Is there an easier way to get an Android ID? I can get the ID from another Android device (I own two with numbers) but how can you get it onto the IQ without installing that SDK (and the bajillion other download required to get it up and running)?
I think I've seen an app on the Market that lets you change your androidID via a GUI, apparently there is no SDK magic involved.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #69
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
I think I've seen an app on the Market that lets you change your androidID via a GUI, apparently there is no SDK magic involved.
Wouldn't you need a working market first (thus having the correct ID already set) before you can access said app?
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #70
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Wouldn't you need a working market first (thus having the correct ID already set) before you can access said app?
You could try to acquire said app by other means.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #71
paww
Connoisseur

What is the name of "said app"?

Hopefully it doesn't need 2.2 to run. :x
Old 01-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #72
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
What is the name of "said app"?

Hopefully it doesn't need 2.2 to run. :x
That took like 15 seconds to google....
Old 01-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #73
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Latest version: 1.5 (for Android version 2.1 and higher)

Unless it means that it was the update which was made for 2.1 and higher...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #74
paww
Connoisseur

Quote:
That took like 15 seconds to google....
Thanks,

I had seen that one, was half hoping for something else gives parsing error.

Appbrain doesn't work for me at all on my IQ also.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #75
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks,

I had seen that one, was half hoping for something else gives parsing error.

Appbrain doesn't work for me at all on my IQ also.
Appbrain works just fine after you get Market working. Including remote installs