Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #31
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
I don't know why it happens, but I do know that it goes away shortly after setup, possibly after a reboot.
I see

Still having issues with gtalk force closing itself.

Factory reset is perhaps the next step..
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #32
paww
Connoisseur

Factory reset didn't change anything sadly, sync'd gmail when trying to open gtalk I get black screen for less than a second then the 'home' screen. Which I can only assume means it auto closing or crashing.

Anyone else had problems with it but were able to solve this?
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #33
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEHBR View Post
thanks for a good work!

I want to ask, if you can put new openGL drivers in your firmware?
http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=13728.0

sorry for my english)
I had a look, installation was easy enough.

Default driver

Driver from slatedroid:

Let's wait and see how stable this is.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #34
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
I had a look, installation was easy enough.

Default driver

Driver from slatedroid:

Let's wait and see how stable this is.
Ohhhhh .... more things to do .... when will I find time to read
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #35
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Don't forget the ARM11 optimization as well... got my IQ from a score of 182 to 197 with Quadrant Standard... and from 1 FPS to 5 FPS in the Gfx test. Not bad at all

Edit: 197 was without JIT... just got the JIT one and got 220!! My IQ is on fire now
That's about the same I got with the new gl driver.
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #36
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

For those who want to try their hand at the GL hack, I've put together an experimental repack. It's untested and might be unstable.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #37
Atamgp
Atamgp began at the beginning.

Device: IQ
thanks hiaig.

How come this is missing? :
Settings > Applications > Development and turn USB Debugging on.
Atamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #38
paww
Connoisseur

Reflashed, factory settings, sync'd account - gtalk crashes

Repeated this 5 times now and gtalk still crashes sadly, having to give up on this by the looks of things.

Nice work, shame it doesn't for all.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #39
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Reflashed, factory settings, sync'd account - gtalk crashes

Repeated this 5 times now and gtalk still crashes sadly, having to give up on this by the looks of things.

Nice work, shame it doesn't for all.
Well, I don't know what to tell you. Works just fine over here
Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #40
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamgp View Post
thanks hiaig.

How come this is missing? :
Settings > Applications > Development and turn USB Debugging on.
I think you should ask Coredump-EE this question. the usb debuggin is still available for me.

you need to use the shortcut from Launcher pro to access this:
shortcut > activites > settings > development > OK

then press the new shortcut to enable usb debugging.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #41
Oreocat
Oreocat began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 701
Hi, this sounded great, so I tried it. Everything seemed to work ok, except that neither AEPReader or Coolreader would recognize my sd card afterwards, so I couldn't read books off it. Trying to open a book through the file manager didn't work either, neither book reader came up as an option.

I reinstalled both, and nothing. Finally decided I *must* have my AEPReader back, and tried to go back to the 2.0.3 update. Took a while, but finally running the 2.0.2 then updating to 2.0.3 seemed to work.

However, AEPReader will still not recognize my card. I've reset, factory reset, installed, reinstalled... and nada.

I have a feeling the repack didn't quite get erased completely, but I could very well be wrong.

Any suggestions on how to fix AEPReader, or how to make sure the repack is absolutely gone? Or anything?

Thanks
Oreocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #42
Oreocat

Now I'm sure the repack wasn't removed completely-I went to change the wallpaper from the ladybugs, and the only two wallpapers available were from the repack...

Help??
Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #43
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreocat View Post
Hi, this sounded great, so I tried it. Everything seemed to work ok, except that neither AEPReader or Coolreader would recognize my sd card afterwards, so I couldn't read books off it. Trying to open a book through the file manager didn't work either, neither book reader came up as an option.

I reinstalled both, and nothing. Finally decided I *must* have my AEPReader back, and tried to go back to the 2.0.3 update. Took a while, but finally running the 2.0.2 then updating to 2.0.3 seemed to work.

However, AEPReader will still not recognize my card. I've reset, factory reset, installed, reinstalled... and nada.

I have a feeling the repack didn't quite get erased completely, but I could very well be wrong.

Any suggestions on how to fix AEPReader, or how to make sure the repack is absolutely gone? Or anything?

Thanks
I don't know about these applications, but the second you reinstall the stock PB 2.0.x firmware and do a factory reset, the repack is completely and 100% gone. Also if you didn't manually setup a2sd, the repack doesn't change the way your SD cards are handled.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #44
Oreocat

Quote:
I don't know about these applications, but the second you reinstall the stock PB 2.0.x firmware and do a factory reset, the repack is completely and 100% gone. Also if you didn't manually setup a2sd, the repack doesn't change the way your SD cards are handled.
Hmm, well as I said, your wallpapers are still there, so something didn't work correctly. (I'm just a step above novice so I never set up a2sd or an androidid anyway, much to complicated for me yet!)

I'm thinking the PB 2.0 firmware I used may not have been the stock, just a user? upgrade. I downloaded it off another topic here, started by you actually

I'll look again for the PB stock firmware and try that. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #45
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreocat View Post
Hmm, well as I said, your wallpapers are still there, so something didn't work correctly. (I'm just a step above novice so I never set up a2sd or an androidid anyway, much to complicated for me yet!)

I'm thinking the PB 2.0 firmware I used may not have been the stock, just a user? upgrade. I downloaded it off another topic here, started by you actually

I'll look again for the PB stock firmware and try that. Thanks!
You didn't do a factory reset. It wipes your /data and removes all settings that may have been left over from the repack.