Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #166
Hancas
Hancas began at the beginning.

Device: IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kino View Post
Same problem here! I cannot even re-install the original firmware - it's totally screwed up the device completely.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE REMOVE THE LINKS TO THIS SOFTWARE OR AT LEAST POST A WARNING MESSAGE ABOUT IT???

If anybody knows how I can recover my (now useless) device it would be much appreciated.

OK, I had the same issue.. Now I'm working on getting it to market still cannot get to pull android id
Anyway, here's the FIX:
Connect to PC
You'll see in My Computer some of the pocketbook drives. The one You should look for is SDcard. Now Upload the compressed file into the root of sdcard.
If You're stuck on bootlogo loop, please leave the iq on for a day and the battery will dry out. But first, upload that ZIP file to sdcard.
As soon You'll see the it's dead, connect the carger and let him charge a bit. ONLY THEN push VOLUME UP and POWER buttons.
If you see the screen on, release the buttons. Hopefully you'll get a box, an arrow and a green droid. If now, then try it again.
This is what I've done and ir worked for me..
Hancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #167
Kino
Enthusiast
Kino began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Thanks Hancas,

I should have posted earlier but I did manage eventually to recover the device and somehow (I'm still not sure how!) the software repack worked.

I have only used it so far as an ereader.

It's certainly an improvement over the original firmware and I hope you get the rest of it to work.

Kin
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #168
Kino
Enthusiast
Kino began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Thanks Hancas,

I should have posted earlier but I did manage eventually to recover the device and somehow (I'm still not sure how!) the software repack worked.

I have only used it so far as an ereader.

It's certainly an improvement over the original firmware and I hope you get the rest of it to work.

Kin
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #169
mullenkamp
mullenkamp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
The mediafire links are dead.
This thing's not illegal, why was it removed becasue of a "violation?"
mullenkamp is offline   Reply With Quote