Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Firmware 2.0.3 Pocketbook IQ - another firmware is release for IQ

Firmware 2.0.3 was released for Pocketbook IQ yesterday. It can be downloaded from here

Release Notes:
Fixed:
1. TXT and HTML files formats open in a proper encoding.
2. Display Mode “Table” was renamed to "Thumbnails".
3. The applications: "Localization" and "SMS \ MMS" are removed from the firmware.
4. Buttons "Agree" and "Unsubscribe" in the license agreement are translated into English, German, French and Russian.
5. The sketches of books in German and French localizations have better quality.
6. Error message was displayed at the first start of the device after flashing.
7. After choosing the Ukrainian localization, the main menu is displayed in Russian but not in English.
8. After removing the book, the quantity of the remained books is displayed correctly.

Implemented:
1. The time zone of Kiev is added (+2:00 GMT).
2. Downloading books from the site http://bookland.net/.
3. The firmware is connected to the serial number.
4. On-screen keyboard has two languages: according to localization, English by default.
5. Opening files through File Manager.
6. The version of firmware and device name is displayed in the information about device.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Thanks! Updating as I type this.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Thanks!
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I wanted to add a bigger thanks because I didn't lose my WiFi settings nor any of my user loaded apps.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
+1 to the Seamless update.
Looking forward the next update.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
jww77
jww77 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ, Archos 101 Internet Tablet
i downloaded the new firmware 2.0.3 and tried installing it but it doesnt seem like it installed correctly. i never see the installation bar make it all the way across

when i check the info about device. it still shows the same info as it did when i first received the PB IQ last month. what should the correct info show?

Release notes show that applications: Localization and SMS are removed but they still show on my apps screen & work
jww77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jww77 View Post
i downloaded the new firmware 2.0.3 and tried installing it but it doesnt seem like it installed correctly. i never see the installation bar make it all the way across

when i check the info about device. it still shows the same info as it did when i first received the PB IQ last month. what should the correct info show?

Release notes show that applications: Localization and SMS are removed but they still show on my apps screen & work
did you unzip the downloaded folder?

Inside the 2.0.3.7z folder, there are 2 files, ignore the pdf file.

place the userupdate091210_common_PB701SWUPDATE.zip file onto your SD card and install.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The update went very smoothly for me and as TallMomof2 noted, it doesn't destroy your apps! Nice!
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The fact that the update doesn't wipe your apps shouldn't be an excuse not to back them up with ASTRO or some other competent file manager!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #10
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
3. The applications: "Localization" and "SMS \ MMS" are removed from the firmware.

Implemented:
3. The firmware is connected to the serial number.
6. The version of firmware and device name is displayed in the information about device.
Localization and SMS are gone.
How do I tell the firmware is connected to the serial number?
The information in the device info looks the same.

But so far it looks great!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
SlideMe is upgraded to 4.0 along with the new file manager.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
PocketBook: You really need to create an unambiguous way for a customer to communicate what firmware is installed on the IQ. A version number, a build number - something.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Does the latest firmware save memory? If so, how much?
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
PocketBook: You really need to create an unambiguous way for a customer to communicate what firmware is installed on the IQ. A version number, a build number - something.

I found where this is located. Settings > About Device > Firmware version. It's now in the format of Android version (PB701.version). IE, it now says Eclair (PB701.2.0.3).
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #15
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
On my IQ it does not update, so i removed all user added apps, still no update, restore settings to factory, still no update, reflashed the dealer update [this works flawlessly] (for a total clean machine) but after downloading it [the new firmware update] 4 times, 2x on PC 2 times on IQ and all above it still does not work

Only thing i can still think of is to insert a clean SD card.

Any other possibilities?
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook iq, pocketbook iq firmware