Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo Arc

Sweet, now I can post in my own little world.

Where are all my Arc people?
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I shall be joining the group......as soon as it is released in Australia. Might be next year but I shall be part of the group.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Sweet, now I can post in my own little world.

Where are all my Arc people?
In Canada and France, where these things are actually for sale?

[ducking]
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
GinRummy
GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here I am! Hello all, my first post, and may I say that browsing the forums here earlier today had a direct influence on my running to my local Chapters and buying a white 16G Arc this very afternoon.

Hello, Robin. Glad ta meetcha.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRummy View Post
Here I am! Hello all, my first post, and may I say that browsing the forums here earlier today had a direct influence on my running to my local Chapters and buying a white 16G Arc this very afternoon.

Hello, Robin. Glad ta meetcha.
Good to hear. Welcome to the party.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Got a Kobo Arc the day after launch day for my partner to replace her Kobo Vox. She loves it! The dual front-facing stereo speakers beat the absolute pants off of any tablet I've ever used (including my far more expensive iPad 2 and Microsoft Surface tablets). That alone makes it a must buy over other $199-299 tablet offerings, you ask me, if you're into media consumption on a tablet.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
GinRummy
GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Got a Kobo Arc the day after launch day for my partner to replace her Kobo Vox. She loves it! The dual front-facing stereo speakers beat the absolute pants off of any tablet I've ever used (including my far more expensive iPad 2 and Microsoft Surface tablets). That alone makes it a must buy over other $199-299 tablet offerings, you ask me, if you're into media consumption on a tablet.

I tried a few songs with headphones plugged in and the quality was great as well. Fiddling with the audio controls I found you can adjust the eq to your own taste UNLIKE my poor shattered iphone 4 which makes you use presets only, none of which are in the V shape mid killer I so dearly love.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
I want to add, that I see you are head of the User Experience team for the Arc (if I've read things correctly in your profile). My partner is very positive on the user experience of the Arc across the board.

The only negative is the lack of an SD card, and my inability to purchase a 64GB model in store at launch.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

Quote:
I want to add, that I see you are head of the User Experience team for the Arc (if I've read things correctly in your profile). My partner is very positive on the user experience of the Arc across the board.
Awesome!

Quote:
The only negative is the lack of an SD card, and my inability to purchase a 64GB model in store at launch.
Unfortunately I have heard that from a few users.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
I got my Arc on Friday and it has barely left my hands since. VERY nice. The only thing I don't really care for is the discovery bar. I could make much better use of that screen area. Especially since things that I have marked as not interested keep showing up again, and books that I've rated are still there.

But that is the only thing I'm not crazy about. Tapestries are nice - little folders to group apps together. I have several of them I have made, but my main screen (first one) is populated by a combination of 2 tapestries and then 6 app shortcuts/widgets. I love being able to customize this.

Battery life is good - have not totally drained it yet. :-) Granted I do not use the Arc for much reading (books) for that I have my trusty touch.

I could go on and on about how much I love this toy...
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndersk View Post
I got my Arc on Friday and it has barely left my hands since. VERY nice. The only thing I don't really care for is the discovery bar. I could make much better use of that screen area. Especially since things that I have marked as not interested keep showing up again, and books that I've rated are still there.

But that is the only thing I'm not crazy about. Tapestries are nice - little folders to group apps together. I have several of them I have made, but my main screen (first one) is populated by a combination of 2 tapestries and then 6 app shortcuts/widgets. I love being able to customize this.

Battery life is good - have not totally drained it yet. :-) Granted I do not use the Arc for much reading (books) for that I have my trusty touch.

I could go on and on about how much I love this toy...
Great. Discovery is only going to get better. With time.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
tinted_tictac
tinted_tictac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox, Nexus 7
I stopped by my local Chapters on the weekend to play with the Arc as well as compare it side-by-side with the Nexus 7. Very impressed with the look and feel of the Arc.

As mentioned above, I'm not a fan of the discovery bar. This is one of my main pet peeves with the Vox and I don't use the Mosaic widget anymore (which is a shame 'cause I really liked it before). I don't need this bar to find or recommend things to me, I wish there was a way to de-activate it.

Anyway, still undecided about which one to buy, but Nexus has the advantage at this point.
tinted_tictac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinted_tictac View Post
I stopped by my local Chapters on the weekend to play with the Arc as well as compare it side-by-side with the Nexus 7. Very impressed with the look and feel of the Arc.

As mentioned above, I'm not a fan of the discovery bar. This is one of my main pet peeves with the Vox and I don't use the Mosaic widget anymore (which is a shame 'cause I really liked it before). I don't need this bar to find or recommend things to me, I wish there was a way to de-activate it.

Anyway, still undecided about which one to buy, but Nexus has the advantage at this point.
Understood, just so you're clear. The discovery bar doesn't just recommend pay items. It will also scan your current and find articles and pictures etc. that are in context with your book.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
one thing I'm looking for in my next tablet is the ablility to make notes right on the screen, ie with a stylus (or finger)
I use my VOX often for knitting patterns and would love to make notes right on the page, is that an option yet. (I've seen it in other tablets in ads)
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Great. Discovery is only going to get better. With time.
Impossible. Unless it can be disabled completely, it can only get worse. It is NOT a good feature and is the main reason I will never get an Arc. The privacy violation of it is just too much - and it being right out in the open doesn't make it any better.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote