Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #61
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Thanks for the Sync now I had not spottet that works like a charm ... I'll likely return with more questions at a later date
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #62
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Does anyone knows if you can choose a virtual library to open on, instead of just "all books"? Or maybe tweak it to just show the one I had open when I closed Calibre.
Advert
Old 05-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #63
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Does anyone knows if you can choose a virtual library to open on, instead of just "all books"? Or maybe tweak it to just show the one I had open when I closed Calibre.
Preferences / Behavior / Virtual library to apply when the current library is opened.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #64
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #65
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Hi again.

How do I make an Virtual Library with my favorite authors?

Also, is it possible to sync a Reading list with DropBox or Google Drive or something?
Advert
Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #66
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Tanjamuse

One way would be to use Alter Tag Browser->Manage Authors tags etc->Manager User Categories to create a User Category called Favourite Authors, set Category Filter to Authors then select Authors from Available items list and 'move' them to Applied items list.

Then create a new Virtual Library (Favourite Authors) with search expression @Favourite Authors:true The @ indicates its a User Category search.

There may be better ways, but that's how I create arbitrary sets of Authors, Tags etc.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-11-2014 at 05:54 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #67
Tanjamuse
Wizard

It looks to be working, thanks.

Do you know if it is possible to create a Reading list to sync with DropBox?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #68
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
It looks to be working, thanks.

Do you know if it is possible to create a Reading list to sync with DropBox?
Use the 'folder' device and point that at the DropBox folder you want to use.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #69
Tanjamuse
Wizard

How do I do that?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #70
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
How do I do that?
Click the share icon on the main toolbar and select the Connect to Folder option.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #71
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is it possible to manage the virtual libraries in the "manage user categories". I have 30+ virtual libraries
Old 07-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #72
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is it possible to manage the virtual libraries in the "manage user categories". I have 30+ virtual libraries
Not that I know of

I'm guessing you're creating a VL for each User Category for the convenience of having the VL Tabs, and you'd like to have a Create VL check box to tick on the User Category dialogue. That would require an enhancement.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 AM   #73
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is it possible to set a default value in a Yes/No Custom Column?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #74
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Is it possible to set a default value in a Yes/No Custom Column?
Yes/No columns can have an optional (there is a Tri-state tweak setting) 3rd state 'undefined'.
This is an All or None of that type, option. complicating things.

My 3-state usage:
Yes
No
(blank) not decided/done
If you use 2 states, maybe invert your logic so 'No' (I believe this is the default) is always the correct default
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #75
Tanjamuse
Wizard

How do I find that setting?